Thursday, August 31, 2006



I am ready to officially declare my belief that the Angels have no chance to make the play-offs. I've been an Angels fan for more than 30 years, so I have had lots of practice in expecting the worse. The 2002 season changed all that. Now I'm faced with the cruel reality of expecting the team to do well each year, only to see our hopes crushed by the Red Sox, White Sox and A's. This season has been especially frustrating given the stretches where the team has played beautifully, interspersed with play by the Keystone Kops.

I'm just thankful that football season is a few days away, and I can try to build up by vacation cash stash with (hopefully) some wins in the local football pools. Oh and I'm looking forward to the free beer that will be owed to me by my Raider fan friends, when they lose twice this year (again) to the Bolts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home