Wednesday, September 20, 2006


I really, really, really want these boots. I recognize that my belief that they will add sunshine to my life every day is irrational, but I still really, really, really want these boots. The problem is that I also really, really, really don't want to pay JCrew $228 for them. I cannot tell you how much it kills me to pay full price for shoes and clothes, unless they are sold at Target. (The Isaac Mizrahi line of women's clothes are fabulous. I get more compliments when I wear a $70 suit from Target than I do on more expensive clothes). So here is the deal I am going to make with myself. I have to figure out how to save $228 over the next month by cutting out pedicures, food, and other "extras", and then I am going to splurge and buy this life changing footwear.

2 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Actually, if you give up only pedicures for the winter months (when your feet will be covered up anyway), the boots will pay for themselves by February. If you give up pedicures and one yarn shopping trip, the boots are paid for in one day. And think how hot they will look with the sweaters you've already knit!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - thanks! I like the way you think.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home