Thursday, September 21, 2006


I will definitely be back next week for "Kidnapped", starring Timothy Hutton and Dana Delaney. The pilot episode was amazingly tense and exciting - I'm not sure if they will be able to maintain that level, but I'll give it a shot.

I like Timothy Hutton alot, and have been renting DVDs of his old, stylized detective series, Nero Wolfe. Probably not coincidentally, his father Jim Hutton played detective Ellery Queen back in the '70s, and I recently purchased those DVDs. (I am a sucker for old detective shows - Hercule Poirot, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, even Diagnosis Murder and Mystery Woman.)

And how good a movie is Ordinary People? Timothy Hutton as the troubled teenager Conrad (also his name in Kidnapped), Donald Sutherland as his nice, but somewhat clueless father, Mary Tyler Moore as his not very nice on the inside mother, Judd Hirsch as the psychologist, and Elizabeth McGovern as Conrad's sweet girlfriend. The movie makes me sob every time I watch it.

4 Comments:

Blogger ffleur said...

I LOVED Nero Wolf! The clothes, the sets, the words. Really good series.

I also LOVE Agatha Christie movies/TV shows (obviously!)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ffleur - me too! And I love David Suchet as Poirot - he also does some of the Christie books on tape. I once saw him in Amadeus, and he was really good.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to watch this but thought how long could it really last. Now I'll have to check it out, if it's that good. I wonder if they will replay the pilot.

12:35 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I loved Timothy Hutton in Ordinary People.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home