Friday, September 08, 2006



I worked till noon today, then took the afternoon off and went and saw "Little Miss Sunshine." I really, really liked it. Steve Carell is my favorite actor working in TV today, except for maybe his buddy Jon Stewart, and he is great in this movie as the Number One Proust scholar in America, who is broken hearted and suicidal after his graduate student leaves him for the Number Two Proust scholar. Paul Dano is also great as the angst riddled Nietzsche fan who hasn't spoken in 9 months, but communicates worlds with a look or a few scribbled words. The rest of the cast is also superb, and the scenes at the Little Miss Sunshine pageant are a little creepy given that little JonBenet Ramsey has recently been in the news again. The movie is a big reminder of why people view the Ramseys with a jaundiced eye . . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Diane, I saw this movie 3 weeks ago and it is seriously one of the best comedies I have seen. Well acted and extremely off beat, it brought a shit load of joy to my life.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home