Saturday, September 30, 2006



This is the real reason I went to Target today - the Queen for a day dress was just a lucky bonus. Yes, you are looking at a genuine 1970's black and white TV with a wire hanger serving as an antenna. It's on the chair because I move it around from the kitchen to the deck etc., and use it to watch football and other sports while dining al fresco, or hanging out and getting some sun. It has gotten so bad that only about 30 percent of the screen even gets a picture - the rest is just blurry darkness. So I splurged on a new portable from Target today ($59!). The high school kids working in electronics stared at me blankly when I asked if they sold rabbit ears, though one of the two knew of what I spoke, and I can't wait for Sunday dinner on the deck with Sunday night football - in color!

3 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

My mom has had an old black and white tv in her kitchen for at least twenty years. I swear it's the beast that will never die.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Prunella - please tell your mom for me that the upgraded tv is the best 60 bucks I've spent in ages!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I've been telling her for years but she is the frugal type, unwilling to get rid of a "perfectly good tv."

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home