Sunday, October 29, 2006



Let them eat cake!

My Marie Antoinette costume was a big hit at the party. Everyone was really in the spirit and there were some great costumes. I had almost as much fun in the afternoon helping Mike put together an outfit to dress as a woman. We headed out to the Goodwill Thrift Store, and figured out that Mike took a size 16. I understood why he wanted to be accompanied by a female - had he been alone trying on dresses he might have looked a tad creepy. Amazingly, we even found some size 10 1/2 shoes he could wear . . .

9 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

That's a great costume, Diane! But where's a photo of your friend dressed like a woman?

5:05 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I love it, Diane! Sophia Coppola made a major casting error in her latest flick.

And I must see a picture of Mike in costume. Did he go full on makeup and hair as well?

6:01 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - yep a wig with some of my barrettes and full make up

la - I'm trying to track down a photo! And I'll be sure to post it

6:55 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

fantastic costume Diane! i want some cake now,

7:13 PM  
Blogger v said...

Yeah, great costume! I'm sure you were the belle of the ball.

Or maybe Mike was.

9:48 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Sounds fun!!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great costume! I had no idea what to wear to a party last night. I just went in jean and a jacket like ryandxc's profile picture.

My friends were shocked.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Love the costume! Can't wait to see the pic of your friend. Last year I went dressed as a roll of toilet paper and el Hombre was a piece of poop. It wasn't the most comfortable costume.

1:43 PM  
Blogger PixieGaf said...

One thing is for sure Diane you make a prettier Marie Antoinette than Kiki does.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home