Wednesday, November 08, 2006



Eagerly awaited by who?

Reclusive pop star Michael Jackson plans a dramatic comeback bid later this month with a performance of his classic song "Thriller," organizers of a music awards ceremony said on Wednesday.

Last month the World Music Awards announced that Jackson would appear in London to accept a Diamond Award that goes to artists who sell more than 100 million records worldwide, and this week they confirmed Jackson's intention to perform.

Besides Jackson's eagerly awaited return, Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan will host the awards show on November 15, and recording stars Beyonce, Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli are slated to perform. The World Music Awards are based on artists' sales as opposed to votes from the public or a panel of judges.

Wow - what do you do when you receive advance notice of a train wreck? Do you tune in to watch it? I think this will be a disaster of epic proportions . . .

11 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'd tune in, but mostly for the same reasons I watched K-Fed's rapping debut. The amazing awfulness.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checked out your Who story. I loves those guys. Rodger is going to be on CSI NY coming up. I would have loved to have gone, but I did the Hollywood Bowl thing last time they were in town. Traffic sucks getting there, while your there and getting home.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

nfl jen - Oh, I'll definitely keep my eye out for Roger on CSI! We did manage to avoid the $30 lots and found a parking spot for a bargain 20 . . .

2:09 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Train wreck waiting to happen... I personally cannot wait to tune in for the laugh of a life time. He will not have to spend any money to look like a monster!

7:32 PM  
Blogger norm said...

Norm will have to moonwalk over to the television for a good laugh.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I just love this kind of stuff.

8:08 AM  
Blogger dit said...

like the sinking of the Titanic. This will go down in history.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looked completely out of it when Billy Bush interviewed him the other day. And that wig... wow.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I totally agree w/everyone - and I'm not sure he can even sing any more with all the nose surgeries . . . the Euros though, will go crazy for him!

6:48 PM  
Blogger v said...

Yeah, I think I'll skip this one. But yeah, seems like it is going to be a tragic mess.

9:42 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

anonymous just stole my comment!

but seriously, if anyone knows when it will be broadcast here in the states, i will pull up a chair to this train wreck. so i guess i'm the one who is eagerly anticipating it.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home