Tuesday, November 28, 2006



It's been 28 years . . . when will she get the hint?

I graduated from High School in 1978, and besides exchanging Holiday cards, I haven't kept in touch much with anyone from my graduating class of nearly a thousand people. Nevertheless, one gal from high school refuses to give up. I have seen her twice in 28 years - at my Ten Year Reunion, and one painful dinner a few years ago. We have nothing in common and all she talks about is people from high school that I don't even remember. So today, I get this email (btw - she sent me her new email address in July) - -

Hi Diane~

I haven't heard from you in ages so I just thought I'd send you a quick e-mail saying hi. How are things going? How's your family doing? I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I did. I love the extra time off. I have a new e-mail address. I changed jobs in July and I absolutely love my job here. I wish I had found it 15 years ago. Anyway I hope all is well with you and perhaps we can get together again one day soon.

Take care. Patty

My response - Hi Patty – things are good. Glad to hear you like your new job. Give my best to your Mom and brother. Diane

What I wanted to say - Patty - how can I miss you if you won't go away?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG you had a huge graduating class. If I remember correctly, mine was 272 or something.

Be nice to Patty... it's the holidays:)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

joe - I know, but when I send her a holiday card, I'll get a nasty note back about how I just signed the card and didn't include a long note about what I have been up to!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That would be funny if she read your blog. She is a stalker!

3:36 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Wow, I thought I had a large graduating class with 750 (and had my brother not married a girl a year older than him and in my class, I wouldn't be keeping up with any of 'em.) I didn't keep up with them, they didn't keep up with me, but somehow after several moves back and forth across the country, I got an invitation to my 30th reunion last summer and my sister-in-law who knows all the people from that class that still do everything and lives 2 miles from the school didn't get an invitation!

4:48 PM  
Blogger PixieGaf said...

I hated high school! I probably won't go to my high school reunion. I don't want to be reminded of how lame it was by people I never really got along with.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I've repressed all memories of high school.

5:26 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I smell a restraining order for Patty.

My graduating class was 64.

6:53 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

You have to give someone credit for persistance. At least she's harmless.

My graduating class was about 450, and some of my best friends are people I went to school with - about three of them. The rest I could care less about. I went to my 10 year reunion and was amazed how the cliques went right back together so quickly - like magnets!

9:14 PM  
Blogger LA said...

My graduating class was about 300. I went to my 10 and 20 year reunions, but I think I'm done with those now. The last one wasn't as fun as the first one.

That said, I think it's hilarious that this woman doesn't get the hint!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home