Tuesday, December 19, 2006


A Christmas Meme.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them - but more and more, puts them in gift bags.
3. Colored lights on tree/house? Colored lights. I don’t plant white flowers in my gardens - color all the way!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Some times.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Two to three weeks before Xmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We always have chili on Xmas day.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: See #13 below.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I held on for years, but finally noticed that Santa used the same wrapping paper as my mom.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up, we opened gifts from the folks on Xmas Eve, and those from Santa on Xmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights and ornaments. I have boxes of very nice ornaments, that have remained boxed since I adopted the dogs. Now I just use cheap ornaments from Target, but the tree still looks nice.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It’s a rare treat, so love it. Ask me again after I get back from Yellowstone in February.
12. Can you ice skate? Not to save my life.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My own fishing rod. I also loved a play house that my grandmother had bought me for when I was five for Xmas, but since she died over Thanksgiving, she never got to see me enjoy it.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with friends and family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate cake.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the tree.
17. What tops your tree? As a kid, an Angel; now, a star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I don’t eat them much now, but when we used to go camping in Girl Scouts we would use them to create what we called a Girl Scout Sundae - stick a peppermint stick into an orange and suck on it until it becomes a straw by which you enjoy the juice of the orange! Of course, we also used to drink hot jello (always served with Cheez-its) and eat Spam.

18 Comments:

Blogger PixieGaf said...

What a fun little Christmas meme. Really is there anyone who enjoys eggnog more than hot chocolate?

5:37 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

Hot Jello and cheese-its..wtf..that just turn my stomach..which is a feat in itself!

5:41 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wow...what kind of Girl Scouts did you run with that ate that horrible stuff?

Funny - we always eat Chinese on xmas.

5:48 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm going to have to do this--it looks fun--thanks for sharing

5:58 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

hey - the worst stuff our Scout leader ever tried to feed us was her home made beef jerky - and I generally like been jerky

honkeie - welcome! well they weren't mixed together - you would drink the hot strawberry jello (why we didn't have hot cocoa, I don't know) and then eat a handful of Cheez-its . . . ok, it still sounds gross, but I don't remember it being that bad . . .

6:18 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Diane, I've had hot jello before. Its the stuff before it sets, right? I kinda liked it.

Editthis: We have Chinese food on X-mas Eve. Mmm...

6:37 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - that's it!

7:32 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane, didn't your area just get some snow? There was something on the weather channel about it.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - no snow here this morning, but it is 37 degrees . . .

8:02 AM  
Blogger LA said...

flix - I live about 2 miles from Diane. No snow, but plenty of chill.

8:52 AM  
Blogger LA said...

p.s. I think the Girl Scouts should stick with Thin Mints.

8:52 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

What a great idea. I was going to take your "tag" from the meme you did earlier this month, but I figured no one would want to read how the boring half lives.

Merry Christmas.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Yum Ffleur, that sounds good! I also like the peppermint with orange idea.

1:08 PM  
Blogger v said...

Chili? That actually sounds like a very intriguing holiday tradition.

And, as everyone else has mentioned, what an, umm, interesting, Girl Scout troop you were a part of.

But I must admit, the hot jello has me very curious.

Anyway Diane, I hope you have a grand Xmas, a merry New Year's, and an outstanding holiday season!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

v - my mother's repertoire in the kitchen is very limited. Chili is her "specialty", and she likes to think that it is a must-have at any family gathering.

I'm making something else this year.

8:10 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

What? 38 degrees is hot! Like HOT-hot.

10:15 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ooohh. Wait. Please disregard the last comment as I realize that you are talking 37 degrees Fahrenheit, not 37 degrees celsius (which would be 99 degrees Fahrenheit).

C'mon America. You are the only Fahrenheit hold-outs. Make the switch, you won't regret it!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - lol - but I have been wearing my knitted cap and heaviest knitted sweater alot!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home