Thursday, December 07, 2006


DIANE'S RESOLUTIONS/GOALS FOR 2007, NUMBER 12:

Learn to play a musical instrument.

I have to admit that this is a goal that is unlikely to be reached by me in 2007. I bought the used guitar about 5 years ago (along with every "learn to play guitar" book I could get my hands on), and it remains largely unplayed and in need of re-stringing. (It has occasionally come in handy to entertain male company - they like to play it, even if I cannot). I bought the ukelele on eBay 2 years ago after returning from Maui. I recently saw clarinets for sale at Target, too. In all honesty, a year from now I probably will take another photo, with the addition of a clarinet, and will still be unable to play any of these musical instruments.

5 Comments:

Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Good for you. I'll see if I can find some info on guitar lessons that I read about on someone's blog. I think it was online lessons, or something you download. If I find it I'll forward it.

If you go with the clarinet, do you think Nanners and Noodles will be bothered by the high pitches?

12:30 PM  
Blogger sage said...

throw in a CD player with your next pic!

2:39 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Learn how to form a Barre chord. It's where the index finger and thumb create pressure on the fret and forms a distinct bridge. It's tough at first, as you have to develop strength to pinch all the stings at once.

But in the end, it's the fun way to play!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and me both, Diane. My grandfather can play any instrument. I did not inherit his musical gift.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm good with a piano... but that's it. And I get bored playing.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home