Friday, December 22, 2006



Hopefully, it is just one . . .

I've got a mouse in the house . . . I figured this was the case the way the dogs were sniffing around the baseboards, and I found where the mouse had eaten into the bag of wild bird seed (and neatly consumed some sunflower seeds). I really, really don't want to put out glue traps, but I also know that having mice (a mouse?) in your house is a bad thing. When I had a problem in the garage (not only mice, but a rat), I put out poison, and the problem was solved. Ok, it was solved once I found where the rat had gone behind a wall to die. Shortly thereafter, Hanna caught a mouse in the house (Elmo was his name) that I ended up re-habbing and releasing in a field, but that is a story for another day. (I still look longingly at the mice at Petco).

There is an empty lot behind the house, so we get the occasional mouse around here. For awhile there was a gal living downstairs who came to talk to me as the landlady because she was concerned that the mouse she had seen could give her dog the Bubonic Plague. I explained to her that it was a 21st Century Orange County field mouse she had seen, not a 14th Century European sewer rat, and I thought it was unlikely that the mouse was a carrier.

Anyways, I need to find a way to get rid of this mouse before I name him.

6 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

I could write chapters on the subject. The current count for the past two weeks is 9.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

How about a cat? You can have Fancy Jake. Of course he is such a wimp he'd probably freak out at the sight of a mouse.

12:36 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I don't mind mice, except that when I lived out west they were carriers of hautivirus (or something like that) and I didn't want to get it. I once liberated a gerbil from the psych dept.

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I bought my first restaurant it was loaded with mice. I bought glue traps and regretted it. The electronic thing or regular quick kill traps sounds better.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

joe - there are 2 diners within spitting distance of the house, so I don't think that really helps with the mice and rats . . .

p.s. what kind of restaurant did you have???

2:43 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ewww! My office had a mouse problem for a while. I used these electric things that plug into wall plugs. They apparently emit a high frequency that freaks the mice out and they leave the area. I don't know if it really works, but so far (touch wood) they haven't been back.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home