Saturday, December 23, 2006


This is the Victor Electronic Rat Trap by Woodstream.

According to the box, I can "Get Rid of Rats Quickly and Safely. Never Confront a Live or Dying Rat Again."

"Electronic rat trap activates when rat touches metal plates inside the plastic housing and completes the circuit. Patent pending electric rat trap design prevents escapes. Electronic rat trap kills rat in moments. Patent pending three plate design. Reduces escapes providing a 90% kill rate. Green indicator light: Flashes for up to 24 hours to signal that a rat is in the rat trap. Voltage applied for up to 2 minutes to insure death. Effective, quick kill. Easy to use, easy to bait. Just bait with peanut butter. For indoor use. Requires 4 "C" batteries (not included). Can exterminate approximately 12 rats on one set of batteries."

Please, God, let this work. I don't want to use poison, so that it will crawl into the wall and die. I don't want to use a glue trap so that I can find a stuck rat gnawing its leg off, and have to try to figure out how to drown it humanely. And I don't want to use a huge, spring loaded trap either.

Sure, this cost 10 times as much as the other options, but it will be worth every penny if it works. I have the batteries. I have the peanut butter. Tonight we will try it out . . .

p.s. I suppose this goes without saying, but I did manage to shock myself while putting it together. It didn't kill me, but I am about 200 times bigger than a rat.

6 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

I don't envy you. I'm the same way about killing anything, even if it IS gross and dirty.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My two cats do that job for me. Last year I was having some pipes replaced and the guys left the cellar door open. That night, I saw my fluffy white cat playing with something... and yes, it was a rat.

I'm not really a cat person, but that was one point for them, anyway.

12:59 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Sounds like a good, humane trap. Even if you never use it again, hopefully the mere fact you purchased it will be prophylaxis of a repeat rat offense. And I'd say that's worth the added cost.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Bailey aka BFK (Big fat kitty) would have made mince meat of these furry fools, but she passed (at age 16) a couple of years ago - kept alive for at least 2 extra years by her hatred of Hanna. Samantha grew up with kitties, but Hanna likes to chase them so I hesitate to get a new kitten . . . but if this keeps up, a kitty could be in our future

2:41 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I can't get a cat, or my Beagle will go nuts! Keep us posted on this thing, it sounds like a great invention!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger sage said...

It was the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse, except for at Diane's where a dog rat was running amuck, keeping Santa up on the roof...

Good luck, sounds like this is to be the Christmas to remember...

Merry Christmas

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home