Monday, December 11, 2006


Today I received an email with this tip (for "experienced knitters") from KnitNet:

"When I'm knitting small items like Barbieā„¢ clothes, I take the sized ends from my interchangeable circular knitting kit (Editor's note: Denise is one brand) and put rubber stitch stoppers on the ends. I can then use them as tiny knitting needles. I do this to make working on such a small piece more comfortable and less tedious."

If anyone gets wind that I have started knitting Barbie clothes, please kill me. Unless, of course, I get a small dog named Barbie, then it is okay.

7 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

For the love of God, do NOT knit clothes for your poor dogs! (Even if their name IS Barbie).

6:07 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Do people actually knit stuff that small?! That must take some nimble fingers!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - check out the photo on the porch - the little dog gets really cold and is wearing the sweater I made her - - but I would NEVER try to get the Lab to wear a sweater

flix - only insane people knit stuff that small

7:20 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Ok...well, small dogs are alright, but you're right about the lab. They never look good in clothes. Wally would be very upset if I tried to dress him.

8:54 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Flix - There are books, not book, bookS of patterns for knitted Barbie clothes. There is a sect, nay, cult of knitters who
are into this certain brand of torture. I think they knit on tooth picks.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I used to make clothes for my Barbies out of old socks and tape. I can't figure out to sew much less knit. I tip my hat to you and LA.

2:23 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

My Barbie's were nudists. I had a period of my childhood where my mother was very concerned.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home