Monday, January 15, 2007



Calgon, take me away . . .

(me, on the porch of the cabana I shared with my niece in Belize in March, 2006)

The Chargers lost yesterday, after being favored to beat the Pats. Dropped balls, dumb penalties, and stupid mistakes did them in. It was VERY disappointing . . .

I went to the driving range yesterday to work on my golf swing in anticipation of the upcoming charity tournament - it's not hopeless, but pretty close. I signed up for a refresher lesson next Saturday. . .

The mouse hunt continues . . . after catching a mouse 2 nights in a row with the Victor electronic mouse trap, I was foiled last night by a mouse who managed to lick off the peanut butter without entering the trap . . .

The weather continues to be very cold overnight. Now I realize these complaints may fall on deaf ears to those living in colder climes, but keep in mind, your homes are built for colder weather. My house was built on 1949 as a summer beach shack without any insulation . . . ok, now my whining is bugging even me, and Noodles is on my lap letting me warm my hands on her . . .

The office is open today, but I'm going to work from home . . .

Happy Monday, all!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even I was a little stunned by our win yesterday. The Chargers are a great team, but maybe they felt they had won the game before it even began.

There is a major ice storm hitting us here, so while it is cold, it looks pretty.

10:52 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Ooops. That would be me. You're gonna cheer for us against the Colts next week, right?

10:56 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Yeah, my family back home in the NW is telling me to shut it.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - I think you are right . . . and I can tell you I won't be rooting for the Colts, but I need a few days to lick my wounds b/4 I can commit to the Pats!

edit - I know, but it is SOOO cold today!

11:17 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That photo is making me long for a nice tropical vacation right now. But, like Getflix, I'm iced-in as well.

The Chargers only lost because I decided to root for them. I'm a bad-news bear when it comes to picking sports teams. After all, how would you explain the Leaf's record?? So, as of now, I officially withdraw my support of everything football and your team will go on winning. You're welcome.

11:45 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - You raise a good point. Our houses aren't built to withstand this chill. Mine wasn't built to withstand the heat either. I've been FREEZING!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Mishy - don't blame yourself - I carry the same jinx gene . . .

la - word

And gazing at myself in the Caribbean while I'm shivering in So Cal makes me wonder how I'll do in Yellowstone in a month!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's that time of the year to dream about vacations. I was just talking to my friend Dawn about it and she is in desperate need of some time away.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I can't complain about the cold too much as we have been having a very mild winter here in Tennesse but it has been raining all weekend and the temps are dipping back down to the thirties tommorrow. Brrr.

That tropical pic looks heavenly.

3:27 PM  
Blogger sage said...

although we're having ice with a little snow mixed in, this winter has been very mild which makes me nervous about my skiing up north this weekend

6:39 PM  
Blogger v said...

I, too, am disappointed with how the Chargers lost. It was a good deal of bad luck, and some mistakes, but mainly bad luck. And Brady and the Pats were Brady and the Pats down the stretch. Still, I mostly blame the bad luck.

Hopefully Marty will keep his job. And I'm rooting for the Colts. I'm not sure what Dungy gave his defense before the playoffs (Bob-Sanders-Aid?) but it's working and I see them riding into the Super Bowl.

6:08 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Do you swing at Meadowlark or Old Ranch? I need to hit the range on Saturday.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home