Saturday, March 24, 2007




Before I took up jewelry making and knitting, I took a mosaic class, and started attaching tiles to everything that didn't move. Here are a couple of samples of my work. I haven't done much lately, but a friend wants to do add some mosaic to her kitchen, and has asked me to help. Tomorrow I'm going by to check it out and see what we can (reasonably) do. As a kid, my father did alot of mosaic work, and consequently, I am fond of this craft.

The girls and I walked a couple of miles this morning, and I found out that the surprise party I was planning on attending tonight, was actually last night - whoops. But it looks like my golf game is still on for this afternoon . . . other than that, I hope to have a pretty lazy weekend. I need to work a bit - my colleague - one of the nicest men on the planet - is having prostate surgery on Monday (cancer) and I need to cover something for him that the client needs by Monday; I am happy to do so, and will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope everyone else has a nice, easy weekend, too.

8 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Love the mosaic stuff. I always wanted to get something like that for my house. Maybe I should take up a new hobby...not like I have the time for it.

10:06 AM  
Blogger sage said...

nice mosaics and nice of you to step in and help your colleague, who I'll keep in prayer

11:32 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Nice mosaic work there Diane!.
I hope that your golf game was less irritating than mine this AM. I hope that your colleague has a successful surgery and a super speedy recovery.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

thanks for the compliments on the mosaic and the nice thoughts for my colleague - he is one of the good guys

6:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful mosaics!

{prayers for your colleague}

7:47 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I love, love, love your mosiac pieces! Mosaic is my prime inspiration in the bead work I do. I always thought if I stopped knitting, this would be my next hobby. So far, that hasn't happened. Have you been to the place on Broadway that has Boticelli's Venus done in the bathroom? It's stellar.

Best wishes to your friend tomorrow.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

You are so artistic! I really love the look of mosaics.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... those are really nice, Diane:)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home