Saturday, March 31, 2007


How has your Saturday morning been going so far?
First off, I did run the WHOLE 5k today, even though I'd been remiss in my training; that is, if we count it as running no matter how slow I go - 38:15 was my time. 25 minutes into the race, my iPod went on the fritz. To my credit, I tried to fix it, while still running. No go, but I have fixed it since then. (FYI - when an iPod freezes up, set the hold switch to hold, then turn it back off, and push center and menu for 6 seconds to re-set [thanks la!])
While I was standing in line for an outhouse I noticed a guy friend I used to sleep with about 8 years ago and his wife, (no, he wasn't married then) who's name I can never remember (the wife's - I know his name). I would like to say this was a guy I used to date, but that would be misleading. I immediately regretted my decision to attend the race sans grooming, so I avoided them like the plague.
By 9 am, I was seated at Hennesey's with a cocktail in hand . . . thanks to la for joining my friends and I for breakfast!
Now I intend to spend the rest of the day slightly drunk and laying around in the sun . . .
Hope every one else has a good weekend too!

14 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

Congratulations on finishing the race and hope your day in the sun is wonderful--there's a cold rain falling here.

12:52 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Wow...38 minutes for a 5K, that's really...um...congratulations on finishing the race!

Also - is there some sort of blogging community social thing that's occurring that I'm not aware of? You and I should take the dogs for a hike sometime. I'm sure Wally would love to meet Hannah.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - thanks - 'twas nice here today, but we could sure use the rain

edit - the phrases you were searching for . . . "painfully slow", "tortoise-like", "almost geriatric"? But honest, my race strategy was SLOW and steady! :-)

Taking the dogs for a hike would be great - Hanna loves big male Labs . . . she gets all coy and playful - it's pretty funny!

5:17 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane, you should have walked over and asked, Excuse me, but do I know you from somewhere?"

7:36 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Thanks for including me, Diane. It was my pleasure! I'm glad you got the iPod fixed, too.

After getting semi-looped at breakfast, I went and saw Blades of Glory which is not art, but was good for some pure cheeseball hilarity.

10:10 PM  
Blogger prettykitty said...

congratulations. if you want to know how my weekend is going. well, you're looking at it. visiting people's blogs.

since i was actually back in town this weekend, and if i'd known you were meeting up with LA afterwards, i would have joined you all for a congratulatory drink!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Congrats Diane! I really need to move down to SoCal so I can go drinkin' with hot chicks, (Diane & LA) @ 9:00am.

My 10K race is in 3 weeks from today. I am so not prepared!

8:06 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Congrats Diane. And what a beautiful and clear day it was Saturday in the L.A. / O.C. areas!

10:38 AM  
Blogger v said...

Mucho props on your 5K Diane! Way to go in keeping so active with golf and running. I'm slowly getting back into running/jogging so I'm going to use your 5K run as inspiration!

And I hope your weekend was wonderful, can't beat laying the sun. And while there's no rain up north (sorry to hear about the weather Sage), it's still a bit cold up here.

11:46 AM  
Blogger v said...

PS - lol @ edit and getflix

11:47 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - oh sure, now you tell me!

la - it was fun! glad to hear Blades is entertaining!

kitty - the more the merrier!

ryan - I would like to do a 10k sometime too, but not sure I can fake my way thru 6 miles . . . hopefully this will get me out and running - good luck and let us know how it goes

dan and v - thanks!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Congratulations! I envy your fitness. I doubt I could make it three blocks without whining.

Hope you enjoyed your tipsiness. Cheers to you!

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Diane:)

It was a beautiful weekend here in Boston, so I'm sure it was even nicer in California.

and LOL.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good for you on the 5K!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home