Wednesday, March 14, 2007




Last night was my first foray into Season 6 of American Idol, and I can only say . . . Wow . . . if these are the 12 that made it through, I can't even imagine what the others were like . . . were they singing in Cantonese? Did they have all their body parts?

There is absolutely no possibility of any male singer winning the competition - they were unbelievably bad. I thought the guy I heard singing the karaoke version of Stone Temple Pilot's Plush on Saturday night was bad, (don't ask) but he's a superstar next to these knuckleheads. Couldn't they have least pushed through some eye candy? And God Bless Sanjaya for being out and proud, but that doesn't substitute for being able to carry a tune.

So since it seems certain that only Melinda Doolittle or Lakisha Jones can possibly win, let's just spend the next 11 weeks having a sing-off between these two, and letting the others appear as background singers, and in videos showing all the wackiness going on at the AI house in the Hills. Enough with this nonsense.

7 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

You got it, Diane. It's been between LaKisha and Melinda since the beginning and continues to be so.

This is my first foray into AI, and what I'm surprised by the most is how, after hearing how "mean and critical" Simon is, I actually think he's completely on target in his critiques. In fact, last night I thought he gave out props a couple times where they weren't deserved, just to be nice!

Watching Sanjaya is like watching a 4-year-old child badly mimicing some dance moves on television. I think the reason people keep voting for him is his smile is so damned endearing they feel guilty if they don't.

All the guys suck hard, though. I can't even pick one to semi-root for.

12:17 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

American Idol. What's wrong with you?

6:45 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - I could walk down the beach and find 12 people w/ better voices - or at least 6 guys who could sing better - Brandon is kind of cute, but what is the appeal of ANY of the other guys?

edit - my true guilty pleasure is Dancing with the Stars!

6:52 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

All I know is the scandals are outstanding!!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Never watch 'Idol' but am this year because Lakisha Jones is from my area in Michigan.

to Lakisha...

YOU GO GIRL!!!

4:45 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Um, how was Sanjaya not kicked off? HOW? The kid isn't even trying anymore. You can see it in his eyes where he's begging the viewers "Please, for the love of god, do not vote for me anymore! I just want to go home!"

I agree. One major vote off leaving just Melinda and Lakisha.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lakisha and Melinda are the only two worth watching. I can't stand these shows anymore.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home