Saturday, March 10, 2007



Today I downloaded The Bloomsday Dead by Adrian McKinty - the third book in the "Dead" trilogy (the first two were Dead I Well May Be and the Dead Yard). Each features Michael Forsythe, an Irish mercenary constantly on the run from the Irish mob in America. The books are filled with lots of mayhem, twists and turns, but also with a wonderful, dark Irish humor.

Shortly, I will be off for my next golf lesson. I actually played pretty well yesterday - except for my ATROCIOUS putting. It may be time to spend some time away from the driving range and on the putting green.

Tonight a friend is coming by, and we are hoping to go to dinner, and then find a spot locally to listen to some live music. There is a new club in town, but tonight is Metal night, so it looks like we will have the usual choice of a bad lounge act, or a bad bar band.

It quickly became apparent that the amount of yarn indicated for the baby blanket was not nearly enough, but I was able to order some more of the same dye lot by phone . . . I probably now have way too much, but I hate knitting something that I think I will come up short on . . . so the extra yarn is well spent for my peace of mind - and it can always be used for a baby cap or two . . .

So, Happy Saturday to anybody stopping by today!

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Happy Saturday, backacha! :+)

10:41 AM  
Blogger LA said...

"Whew" on finding the same dye lot!

You know what they say... "drive for show, putt for dough."

3:16 PM  
Blogger v said...

Happy Saturday! And way to go on the golf game!

And a big lol @ LA's golf quote. So true though. So true.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

karen - thanks for coming by!

la - big time! and you make a good point - so today we worked on putting with the instructor - yesterday I had half again as many putts as shots with my woods and irons!

v - I'm trying - I really am!

ffleur - we actually have nice weather here this weekend - if it's warm enough tomorrow, the dogs are getting baths, but don't tell them that

7:18 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Diane: You should rent "Happy Gilmore" if you want to improve your putting. If I remember correctly, that was his game's downfall as well.

Have a happy weekend!

8:59 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Man, we can't golf here until early May. I usually try and go twice a year with my brother. It's for fun, although he gets upset if he doesn't win.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Hope you had a great weekend! Mine was too busy with no time for fun. Blech!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home