Monday, April 09, 2007

It's a long story, but for the past few years, I have had the free use of a studio condo in Maui the last week in May, and am thrilled that I will be able to use it again this year.

Here is the sunset view from the lanai . . .

It is the most wonderfully relaxing week. I like to get up early and go for a long walk, snorkel, and visit some of my favorite restaurants in Lahaina. I first went to Maui in 1977 with my family and have always stayed in the same basic area. The island has changed alot, and not generally for the better, but it is still beautiful and mellow.

11 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oooh, lucky girl. Colour me jealous. Those are some lovely views.

4:14 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

That sounds like a perfect vacation!

4:30 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Gee, and you tell us now so we can sulk a full 6 weeks before we start getting pictures of the beach... I hope you have the time of your life

6:41 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

That's great, Diane! I visited Hawaii one and loved every minute of it.

The problem for me is the distance. It really takes a long time to get there from here. (Said with genuine New England accent.)

8:44 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Yes, how lucky. I was fortunate enough to have visited the Hawaiian Islands (including Maui) a couple of times. They are beautiful.

9:20 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Maui is a great place. Lucky you!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Take me with you!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

lluuc-ckkyy you, girlfriend!! :+)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Calgon, take me away!

12:03 PM  
Blogger LA said...

That's a hell of a sweet setup! No wonder you were listening to Israel K. I love his version of White Sandy Beach, too.

(I've got a freaky little obesession with Hawaiian music from The Ventures to Don Ho.)

12:17 PM  
Blogger v said...

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet deal. Have a great vacation Diane!

And take lots of photographs!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home