Monday, April 30, 2007

Sunday night television is back on my must see schedule. On HBO, the Sopranos is back with a vengeance. Tony's world is falling apart, and his never far from the surface paranoia is in full flame. I'm not sure how the series will end, but I am sure it won't be pretty.


I am also very much enjoying the Tudors on Showtime. Though I'm pretty sure the Ladies and Lads at King Henry VIII's Court were not this attractive, I love 16th century English History, and Showtime is doing a nice job with giving us a look at Court intrigue and the political machinations constantly at play. And did I mention how attractive all the cast is?


I mentioned a few weeks ago that I will be off to Maui for the last week in May. This means 2 things - a desperate attempt to lose 5 lbs and get into better shape in the next 27 days, and an even more desperate attempt to find a new swimsuit. Methinks this one would be just perfect . . .






For those of you (ok, maybe la) wondering what my next knitting project will be after that neverending baby blanket - voila! It will be Isabella, a pattern from the latest issue of knitty.com. I'm hoping the flattering neckline will detract from my upper arms . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

~LaLaLaLaLa~Not listening to anything about the Sopranos!~LaLaLaLa~

I need to get cracking. I'm only on Season 4. But I only started watching in January.

4:52 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh, and I'm of the belief that bathing suits are evil. Pure, complete evil.

4:53 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

For some reason I never got into the Sopranos. I keep saying that someday I'll start watching them all from the begining.

I haven't worked out at all lately, with the exception of yesterday. It's so hard to get motivated with so little time!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I really HATE the Sopranos! I know, i know... good writing and all, but it has never held my attension. I love most of the dramas on HBO, but the Sopranos is way overrated in my estimation.

I can't wait for the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

The Tudors is okay. I studied the Reformation for 3 quarters years ago so I was burnt out by the time this show came to be. I am sorry, but I am sure that King Henry VIII was not as hot as JRM.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I haven't watched the Sopranos since that episode that Steve Bushemi directed. My attention span is not long enough to deal with the long wait between seasons.

And yes bathing suits were invented by Beezlebub and all the satanic demons in hell.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't watched The Sopranos since Adriana was murdered. I just couldn't go back.

I read somewhere that he didn't kill her and she will show up again. I doubt that though.

About The Tudors... love Catherine, hate Anne... that being said, I can't wait for DEXTER to return.

11:49 AM  
Blogger LA said...

That sweater is super cute, Diane, and it looks like there's enough going on in it to keep it interesting to knit.

12:10 PM  
Blogger kookla@work said...

The Sopranos is excellent this season. Each episode, I get the feeling something is going to happen. This last episode where Tony and Carmela fought was the best acting I've seen on TV in a long time.

Didn't get into The Tudors yet. I've taped them and plan to watch it as a marathon.

I'm trying desperately not to be jealous about your vacation. Or the fact that you can knit a sweater.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home