Monday, May 21, 2007


In 5 days, I will be donning my 007 quality fins, mask and snorkel from my aborted attempt to learn to Scuba, and swimming among the fishes of Napili, Kapalu and Honolua Bays! And what is almost as cool as that?

When I did a Google search for Hawaiian Reef Fish to find an underwater photo, I found this "Hawaiian Reef Fish in Counted Cross Stitch" pamphlet on Ebay for $1.35. Needless to say, this once in a life time opportunity was too good to pass up. I won't mention that the shipping was $4.00 . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I was wondering if you scuba dived... I've only made one dive in the last 20 years--it was 4 years ago--and it brought back that wonderful freeing feeling of breathing underwater

11:41 AM  
Blogger ffleur said...

Hi Diane,

I'm trying to get back on track and visit my blogger friends regularly again now that mom is recovering and I'm not so tired.

Wow - scary about the mirror. As for 7 years bad luck? I read somewhere that was created way back in the mists of time to keep superstious servants from carelessly handling the very expensive mirrors. I guess it worked because we still believe in that today. Didn't apply in your case anyway since the mirror survived.

Paint me jealous of your trip to the cool blue waters of Maui. Sounds like a wonderful time. Who will look after the girls? Will you bring them back prezzies?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ffleur! glad to hear your mom is doing better . . .

9:43 PM  
Blogger MaR said...

I have never scuba dived...but love to see underwater photos!! here via Michele's this morning!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home