Saturday, June 09, 2007

I don't have a lot of things planned for this weekend . . . tonight I am attending a charity wine tasting that benefits the local animal shelter with some friends. I went last year, and it was a lot of fun, and supports a worthy cause. I hope to finish up my current knitting project, and Hanna hopes I will spend a good portion of the weekend filling up her peanut butter bone with goodies. (It usually gets stuffed with baby carrots and peanut butter). I've also managed to make my slow moving kitchen sink drain worse by removing the trap to see if that is where the clog is . . . it wasn't, but I have been unable to properly re-attach it, so now I have both a slow moving and leaking drain. I removed the trap in reaction to the $225 estimate from Rescue Rooter to snake the drain. I thought that was high, and declined to authorize the work. Now I'm trying to get in touch with a guy I have used before, who works independently with a couple of employees, and is more reasonable. So, cooking and doing the dishes are low on my list of weekend plans.

What do you have planned for the weekend?

Addendum - apparently you need to use teflon tape when you re-attach the trap - fortunately, my brother knew that and had some!

4 Comments:

Blogger NY KAT said...

Love the picture of your dog!

1:06 PM  
Blogger v said...

I had to do some plumbing related work today as well. Things seem to be fixed, but it did take a little longer than I thought. But I am kinda proud and happy that I was able to fix it. Hope you're feeling the same.

2:05 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I had a great time at the wine-tasting event, Diane. Thanks for including me. I think I'm going to crack my bottle of Bailey's beginning... tonight!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - me too! thanks for joining us! and enjoy the Baileys

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home