Wednesday, June 27, 2007



I have encountered some cool things over the last few days . . .

An older gentleman was riding past my house on a motorcycle with a side car - in the side car? His German Shepard . . .

The dogs and I were walking, and passed under a tree. There was a flurry of activity above us, and a hawk emerged to perch on a street sign. This was my closest view of a hawk . . .

I went to get a pedicure, and three women brought in 20 little girls to get their nails painted. I asked the little girl next to me (who was getting her toes painted green) what sort of group they were, but couldn't understand the answer . . .

I had lunch bought for me yesterday by my neighbor to pay off the bet as to which team would win the last Angels/Dodgers series . . .

My other neighbor has volunteered to organize my garage for me . . .

My mammogram results came back normal . . .

The only bummer? Today I go to the dentist!

10 Comments:

Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

The spa I go to for manicures and pedicures has packages for kid's birthday parties and such. My friend and I had appointments at the tail end of one of the parties and the little girls were very excited to have pretty party toes.

Fantastic news about your mamogram!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Sounds like a pretty good streak, overall. Hopefully it'll continue, and the dentist won't find any cavities. :-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Organize your garage? That's some neighbor!

10:44 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I have ALWAYS wanted a motorcycle with a sidecar for Wally. I envision him in an old WWII leather helmet like Snoopy.

Also, saw lots of Hawks in Australia. It was cool.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I'm glad you had a good mamogram. Aren't those the worst? I hate all that boob squashing. Almost as bad as getting a cavity filled. Hope the dentist won't find any of those.

12:32 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

A dog in a motorcycle side car must have been quite a sight to see. And a hawk that close to the street - I've only seen them perched on the top of street lights (or flying).

Cute story about the little girls getting their toes painted. My wife takes my daughter in about once a month.

12:51 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Good news about your mamogram!

That would be really cool to have your dog be able to ride your motorcycle with you!

4:13 PM  
Blogger LA said...

You're yinging to my yang. I've been to two funerals in five days.

Happy to hear about your mammogram!

9:47 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm sure by now the dentist is over with and rejoicing on the good mammogram news

7:17 AM  
Blogger v said...

Well, other than the dentist, seems like a wonderful couple of days. Hopefully the dentist wasn't such a bad time either. Or at least it was a short visit.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home