Saturday, June 16, 2007

My latest knitting project is "Sonnet" from knitty.com. I'm using a mohair/wool blend that I had in my "stash". It's knit side to side instead of from the top down or bottom up. This is the right front, right armhole, and beginning of the back.





I finally broke down and bought 2 new dog beds, since the old ones were flat, torn, and/or so dirty that the washing machine just wasn't enough to get it clean any more. Here Nanners and Noodles show off their new beds and new chew toys. The chew toys claim to be extra tough to tear apart - we'll see about that.

It's a gorgeous day here in So Cal, and I hope everybody else is having a nice weekend too!

8 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Nice dog beds! Wally has one, too - it's my King sized one. We share. :)

I thought of you when I was in New Zealand - there was nice wool yarn EVERYWHERE.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

edit - I would LOVE to go yarn shopping in NZ!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger v said...

That top looks like it is coming along very nicely. You have mad knitting skills Diane!

And seems like Nanners and Noodles are truly enjoying their new beds and chew toys.

And I, too, hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

7:44 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

You are a knitting machine!

The dogs look like they are loving the new beds.

8:25 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

It's funny how happy dogs get when you give them a new bed. Stinky just got one, too!! (Well about a month ago!!)

9:30 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

why does the big dog have the small bed, and the small dog have the big one?

did they chose their own?

12:12 AM  
Blogger sage said...

Is Nanner the large dog and Noodles the small one? If so, Noodles looks as if he's not yet sure about his new bed while Nanner is quite content.

You are quite talented with your knitting skills!

2:38 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Ha! Actually, the dog beds are more for Nanners the Lab because Noodles the basenji mix sleeps at night with me . . . Noodles lays on them occasionally when she is pretending to be a big dog. She is happier than she looks in the photo . . . :-)

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home