Thursday, July 19, 2007




Five, count 'em, five days without spending any cash. I was torn when I found out the golf attire I have been eyeing has gone on sale, but I hung strong.


Today should be another busy one at work, but at least it's Friday; maybe I'll bring Elvis Costello's My Aim is True cd to power me through . . .


My dogs both like to rub on different sorts of things when we are out walking. Luckily, neither prefers poo or dead things. Samantha likes to roll all over worms, (there are usually a few out on the sidewalk with the morning dew) which are surprisingly lacking in smell. Hanna likes to rub against bushes and shrubs that are sticky and smelly.


Sergio Garcia is leading the British Open, but has zero chance of being at the top of the leaderboard Sunday afternoon.


More than 100,000 people emailed the NFL demanding the suspension of Michael Vick. Nike hasn't (yet?) dropped Vick, but at least it has delayed the release of his latest branded shoes and pulled his videos from its website. To urge Nike to drop Vick, click here.
Images from my deck . . . flowers, and a relaxed canine.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dog looks like my Teddy! So relaxed. Cute!

9:47 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Nice photos! Glad to hear you've made it five days without spending cash!

BTW, I just signed a new petition - this time to Nike - demanding that they drop Vick.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

lynne - thanks!

la - I just did the same, and I'm going to post a link here too!

1:15 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Nice pics.

Have you ever heard of the Madden Curse? It's happened to several NFL players who have been on the cover of Madden's video game, and then by coincidence suffer career ending injuries. Wasn't Vick on last year's?

Relaxed Canine opened for last year's summer rock festival. They were a real sleeper.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, doggies do love rolling, rubbing and whatever in all kinds of icky things. It's their job and they're damned good at it!

woof, woof!!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

dan - you have a knack for cool band names! I have heard of the curse, and I hope and pray it strikes Vick! As you may have guessed, I am beyond outraged by the Vick

karen - very true!

7:56 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I wish my front area was as cozy as yours. Wanna come fix it up for me?

Congrats on not spending any money yet. But I must point out - do you really play golf enough to equal the amount of golfing attire you have bought/plan to buy?

Dan - you must be a KROQ listener. Your band names are as funny as theirs.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - thanks!

edit - be happy to - a quick trip to Home Depot will make it easy to do. I can bought for an ice cold beer or diet pepsi

and no, I don't REALLY need more golf attire, but . . . damn I would look good in that golf skort . . .

10:25 AM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Edit - Yeah, you busted me. I'm stealing that joke from Kevin & Bean. My humor is not that original.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home