Wednesday, July 18, 2007













More proof that I am a geek . . .


Thursday through Sunday brings us the best PGA golf tournament of the year, the British Open. Although my favorite Opens are when the tournament is set at St. Andrews, the birthplace of golf, it will be entertaining at Carnoustie (aka Car-nasty) this year. This is one of the few perqs of getting up early; I love being able to tune in to watch the players struggling against the elements as I enjoy a nice cup o' joe. (Coverage starts about 7 am Pacific Time). The next 4 days will be delightful.


I slept better last night now that I have figured out how to dim the LED display on my new iPod docking station/bedside clock radio. It was so bright before that it cast shadows in the room. If I was better at doing hand shadow puppets on the closet doors, I might not have fixed it.

By the way, I made it through Wednesday without spending a dime, so four days and counting.


I'm trying to figure out why I should pay Netflix this month when the last 4 dvds they've sent me have been damaged and unwatchable.


The Angels have been beaten, and beaten badly, their last two games by the lowly Tampa Bay Devil Rays - they've sent Santana down to AAA, and it's time to take Colon out of the starting rotation too.

I'm taking my niece to see the American Ballet Theater's Sleeping Beauty this weekend - I've never seen this ballet, and I hope it is lovely . . .



7 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I wish I was into golf. It would be fun to strut around in one of those little skirts but I'm terrible at all sports.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Golf is kind of fun to play if you aren't horrible.

One day I hope miniature golf will get the equal attent it deserves.

8:17 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I tried golf for a few years and finally gave up. Too frustrating for a perfectionist.

Bravo on your moratorium on spending money.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Oooh, I've never seen Sleeping Beauty live, either. But I've always wanted to. I don't "do" golf, but I could totally be a ballet geek with you!

1:37 PM  
Blogger BBC said...

Um, yup, you sound like a geek alright. :-)

I'm just a complex old country hick. Not into ballet but do like live plays.

2:49 PM  
Blogger v said...

Over the years I've become a solid golf fan. Much of this has to do with Tiger Woods, but I now know enough to follow the bigger names. I liken watching golf to a baseball game. It is, for the first three days, a relaxing, laid back experience. Then on Sunday, things can get very exciting and thrilling if there's a close race to the finish.

I hope its Tiger and Sergio on Sunday, with Tiger charging from a couple shots back to win.

Yes, I can't stand Sergio.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I like the DVD rental service that Blockbuster offers. You can return the DVDs to your local store or send them back. You can also trade the watched DVDs into the store and trade them for store rentals.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home