Monday, July 16, 2007



So, riddle me this, Batman . . .

It was already irritating when an acquaintance leaves a voice mail message that says something like: "hi, it's me, call me!" and you have no friggin' idea who it is, or where to find the phone number. Isn't an "it's me!" reserved for close family relations and good friends?

So how about when texting? Last Saturday I received a text message "how r u? Long time no talk" . . . needless to say, I didn't recognize the number, nor was it associated with any name in my directory. I responded "who is this?" The answer? "kevin from yahoo way back". Allow me to decode that message. Kevin is a guy I met online through Yahoo Personals sometime around Y2K . . . we did go out a few times, but I haven't seen or spoke to him in more than 5 years. We stopped going out when he asked me if I was into "the lifestyle". Pardon me? Apparently, that is how those in the know refer to "swinging". He had been invited to a swingers' party, but single men must have a woman with them, or they are not allowed in to partake. Did I want to join him? Umm, no.

I can only imagine how many phone numbers he texted to before he got to mine that day . . . but he could at least add his name to the message.

Speaking of my cell phone, I need to get new service. Cingular/AT&T keeps sending my nasty letters telling me that the type of service (analog or digital or something like that) provided to my phone goes kaput in mid-August. So here's the dealio, unlike Edit, I'm not ready to move up to an iPhone, but I'm debating whether to go Blackberry . . .

7 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

Everyone I know with a Blackberry is satisfied. Same with the Treo.

There are so many choices, it makes the head spin.

4:55 PM  
Blogger LA said...

p.s. Kevin sounds just dreamy. No wonder his number didn't associate with any in your phone. You no doubt deleted him back in the day.

4:56 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I recently got a new cell phone--now it automatically comes with a camera, but I can't do anything with it since I asked internet and text messaging (which I found annoying) to be blocked. I only want a phone to call on, nothing else.

Next time, I'll try to remember to say, "Sage here"

7:11 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

He sounds like a real winner!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I feel bad for Kevin because I've been in the same situation. Callinng up girls I haven't spoken to for years because I don't want to show up to the swingers party by myself. Then after completely failing you try to convince your cousin to go with you and she agrees which makes you worried and you go and arent really having a good time and you sort of touch your cousins boob and she doesnt seem to mind and things get real weird then.

So yeah go easy on the guy.

7:55 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I thought everyone in California was into the lifestyle? It was the only thing that justified the high home prices.

9:10 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I can't believe you're still on an old, old phone like that.

If you don't want to go with the iPhone, I guess the Blackberry would do fine (sigh). The new ones are pretty slim and cool looking.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home