Saturday, July 14, 2007






Today we are taking Noodles to the Vet for her annual exam and shots. While Nanners LOVES going to the Vet (or anywhere she might encounter people/her adoring fans), Noodles is a bit more reticent. Dr. S., however, is the nicest Vet on the planet. We have been taking our cats and dogs to Dr. S. for 35 years - since he graduated from Vet School. Back in 1972 he joined the practice of the local Vet, and took over the practice a few years later. I've been told that Noodles once tried to bite her old Vet, but Dr. S never gives an animal cause to complain. We all trust his advice, he charges reasonable rates and he never tries to sell you on some expensive procedure that isn't necessary for the health and happiness of the family pet.




I have promised Noodles a treat from Petco on the way home if she is a brave little buckaroo . . .


I am very excited about the release of the latest and last in the Harry Potter series. (Yes, I have pre-ordered my copy). My first impression of the books was that they were the poor man's/child's Lord of the Rings, but I as I have read each of the books in the series I think they stand alone as a really great series of books. I hope that Harry survives, and I hope that some how, Dumdledore returns.


JK Rowling has gone from being a single mum on the dole in the UK to a billionaire based on nothing more than her own imagination and the ability to tell a great tale. What an amazing success story . . .


Is anyone else a Tim Curry fan? He guest stars in the season premiere of Psych on the USA network, and as usual, is friggin' brilliant. I have been a huge fan since my teen years where many a Saturday night was spent watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight. I also had the pleasure in the early '80s to see him on stage in London as both the Pirate King in the The Pirates of Penzance, and playing Mozart in Amadeus. If you get the chance, check out Psych . . . Curry is wonderful playing the Simon Cowell-like judge of American Duets, and the final scene with the 2 lead actors performing Tears for Fears' "Shout" had me laughing out loud.

8 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

A treat from Petco? Sounds like me taking my daughter to Chucky Cheese after a visit to the dentist... Bribery, it works all the time.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - Found your blog by way of Maggie at Maggie Reads. Love your dogs' names. We have a vet that we love for Maggie and Teddy. He's so good with them and, like your vet, doesn't do things just for the money. We're there so often and spend so much money (both dogs have plenty of medical problems), I think they should name a room for us!

Come read my blog and see pictures of Maggie and Teddy.

4:01 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I've been on the 4th Harry Potter book for quite awhile now. I really need to pick it up and finish it.

How did the vet go?

4:50 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

A good vet is a great find!! I bring Stinky to the local guy, and he knows I am on a budget, so he doesn't push any highend stuff.

Tim Curry is a really fantastic character actor.

8:39 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I keep forgetting to order my Potter book, too. Interestingly, I never made a comparison between this series and the Lord of the Rings. I originally snubbed these books as kids books, but when they wouldn't go away from the best seller list, I finally gave in around the 3rd book and have never looked back. I love the mythology of the books, but even more, the humanism as Harry grows old, tries to find himself, and battles against evil. I loves me the Harry Potter.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Tim Curry's best performance in my opinion was as the Butler in Clue.

I too am scared of the vet. I hate going there. I feel very uncomfortable with the smell and watching a man in rubber gloves manhandle my terrified pooch.

8:57 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Back when I was a volunteer, I used to take the shelter dogs to the vet. There was one in particular I liked who became my cats' vet when I personally witnessed him kissing shelter dogs' heads. Like yours, he doesn't try to sell anything superfluous.

Ryan, I didn't know you had a dog! What do you have?

9:50 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Tim Curry became a favourite of mine because of Clue. Fantastic movie!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home