Thursday, August 23, 2007




As I mentioned earlier this week, I am working on my new "eat less, exercise more" program. And let me tell you, Nanners and Noodles are so not on board with this lifestyle change.




First of all, both wholeheartedly subscribe to the idea that only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun. The chances of getting either to walk more than a few blocks between the morning chill and dusk are slim at best. If Hanna judges it to be too warm out, she simply keeps finding nice, cool, shady spots to lie down and rest. One really has no option but to join her under the tree . . .


Second, neither is a big fan of walking for walking's sake. They like checking stuff out, sniffing, peeing and greeting their friends and fans, but neither sees the need to put in alot of miles. We have (some of us begrudgingly), increased our morning walk to 3 miles. I hope to keep adding a bit more distance, a little at a time, but I think we all know who's going to win that war of wills . . .


My horoscope for today is: Make some travel plans. It's time for you to let your wanderlust out to play!
This is perfect! I am going on my walking tour of the Berkshires from October 14 to October 21. The wanderlust part is my ongoing attempts to arrange to spend a few days in NYC the week before. I was excited and then disappointed when yesterday, while checking out the current menu of Broadway shows, I discovered that the fabulous David Hyde Pierce is currently starring in Curtains! And will be on vacation from October 8 -14. Hmmm, is Cats still playing?

15 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I am working on my new "eat less, exercise more" program.

need to add that on my *to do* list! {grin}

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That's too bad about DHP being gone while youre there. I've heard nothing but great things about him in that show.

11:45 AM  
Blogger THN said...

With my new hours, I can now get to the gym before work and that means I will have lifted and not eaten until noon, which is working great.

I also dropped my car off at O'Connell (Slater/Gothard) and walked back home. I think I'm good for today.

12:38 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Well good luck with your program, and try not to let the dogs keep you from your goals.

I need to walk more and eat less. I need to drink beer less too, but lets not be too hasty.

1:23 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Your dogs are saboteurs!

Have fun in NYC, I'm terribly jealous. Be sure to post many photos as well.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

karen - yeah, it gets re-added to mine every Sunday . . .

ryan - any other shows getting good reviews?

adam - that's a helluva walk home . . . I hope the new job is working out and look forward to sharing a beer at the Smurf

dan - hey, haste makes waste! I drop the dogs back home and take off again on my own . . .

mishy - absolutely! hey, I'm jealous you're starting school in Ottawa!

1:58 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

Do your dogs like walking on the beach?

Good luck with the eating less and exercising more program! I need to start mine, yet again. i was thinking about buying a light cooking book. Any suggestions?

2:51 PM  
Blogger kookla@work said...

I am working on my "exercise more, eat all I want" diet and it's not going so great.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Walking tour of the Berkshires?? That sounds awesome. But I have no hope of planning that far ahead. How do you do it?

3:50 PM  
Blogger sage said...

The walk in the Berkshires, sounds so enjoyable and hopefully it will be during the color peak (I'm not sure when that part of MA changes and it sounds a little late in October--but you'll have fun!

6:04 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Your girls look completely relaxed. My kinda dogs!

6:25 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

Your dogs are hilarious and in fact, very wise. While the sun is high overhead, its always smart to find a shady spot and lay down to rest. *nods head*

7:21 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Thanks, D. I snuck over the Smurf the other day for a quick happy hour beer or two. The day bartender there can be hard to take sometimes. I might even warm to Pelican Isle, too, now that Jessica is working some days over there. (Sunday morning might be one of them.)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

It's 104 here in Tennessee. I refuse to walk until they air condition the outdoors.

7:13 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane, October is best month for autumn viewing. Warm days and cool crisp nights.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home