Thursday, August 09, 2007



For the last couple days, I have been obsessed with the idea of sitting outside some charming restaurant, and drinking chilled glasses of pinot grigio. The ideal place would be a quaint cafe in Florence, but I may have to settle for some burger joint that offers wine out of a box.

Football season - the greatest of all the sports' seasons - is almost upon us. I love spending chilly Sunday mornings on the couch with a blanket and the remote control. The fact that I am almost always entered into a local pool, also makes the games more interesting.

Football season presents a conundrum for Miss Noodles. On the plus side, she gets to lay on the couch with me. On the minus side, I tend to yell at the television, and she finds this very disturbing.

I will, once again, be rooting for the San Diego Chargers. Last season they had the best record in the NFL, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs to that pantywaist Tom Brady and the freakin' Patriots. This season will be the first for new head coach Norv Turner - who formerly coached the Raiders. Spending any time with the Raiders brands you as a loser for life, unless your name is Marcus Allen. This also means I can pull out the world's most disgusting Chargers' sweatshirt to wear on a regular basis. I irrationally believe it screams out "Chargers' fan". Others believe it screams out "slob", "pitiful homeless lady" or "blind Chargers' fan".

Ah, football . . .

13 Comments:

Blogger GetFlix said...

It's gonna be fun!!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a picture of your shirt!

4:24 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Norv? Is that seriously his name?

4:39 PM  
Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

I love football season. As you might remember, I started last season in support of the Silver and Black. But that was only because I had been a fan of the team when they were here in L.A. I was so ashmed of my choice last year. What was I thinking?

So call me a hypocrite, but I'm supporting the team to the south this time. Go Bolts!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - can't wait!

lynne - maybe I'll post a picture!

la - Norval Eugene "Norv" Turner

dan - welcome back from the dark side!

4:57 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I also love football season. My team is the Buffalo Bills!

We do have season tickets to the University of Arkansas this year and I can't wait! It will be a lot of fun!!

6:59 PM  
Blogger ffleur said...

Diane, you are so funny! Personally I despise all sports but can't help laughing at Miss Noodles getting upset about you yelling at the TV. Does Miss Nanners hide under the bed?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat - I bet you guys will have a blast!

ffleur - Miss Nanners is not bothered in the least by my yelling - whether it is at the tv or at her!

6:17 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Poor Noodles. She has a delicate disposition.

Have you satisfied your wine and patio craving yet? Maybe this weekend is just the time.

If I was into football in the slightest, I would be right there with you either nodding my head or shaking it in disapproval. But the last half of your post was nothing more than gibberish. Go Chargers?

8:16 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - Miss Noodles is very, very senstive. She won't go out in the rain, won't walk on wet grass, and won't sit on concrete or tile.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

mishy - forgot to add that I went out to dinner with a friend and ordered 2 glasses of pinot grigio . . . found out later that it was $14 a glass!

9:11 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I love sports, but despise football. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the season. I just personally can't wait until it's over. That being said, I also hate everything Raiders, especially their fans.

10:58 AM  
Blogger v said...

Ayup. I'm gearing up for the NFL season as well. I hope this year is as exciting as last year. And I really think it will.

The Chargers ended last season in heartbreak city. I think they'll once again be a powerhouse. The only problem is the the Pats look darn good too. Can't wait to see the rematch.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home