Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm not sure if this is truly a sunflower (albeit a small one), but it sprouted from the bird seed remnants strewn around the deck from the feeder.
I also have a late rose - it's blooming on a branch that is about 7 feet high.
I'm still plodding away at the blue cardigan . . .
We received ALOT of much needed rain here in So Cal last night. I'm not sure how many inches came down, but my bird bath filled to overflowing . . . while walking the dogs this morning I had the opportunity to try out my foul weather gear purchased for the Berkshires .
Last night I started making my compulsory packing/shopping/to do lists for my upcoming vacation. In all honesty, there is not much to do, but my anal retentive nature demands that I do something. Because I have two different legs of the trip to pack for - NYC, where I'd like to have something decent to wear to the theater, and hiking in Massachusetts, where I want to be well-equipped and comfortable, I'm concerned about over packing . . .
So as you can see, I'm hoping my entire weekend is filled with this mindless trivia! And here's hoping the Angels clinch the AL West this weekend, and that the Chargers make a better showing against the Packers!

8 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

you may need that fool weather gear in New England in the fall!

It seems that I'm often packing for two different types of events when I travel--especially when I head west--I often have a suit bag and a backpack!

11:05 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I'm starting to think about what bulbs I want plant...I'm thinking tulips and roses.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your sunflower reminds me of the pumpkin blossoms that started sprouting up in July which we had no idea what they were at first.

Last year at the end of fall, hubby put the pumpkins in the compost pile and the rest is history!

So now, lo and behold, so far we have three pumpkins growing!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I have a ton of roses blooming out in my jungle of a garden...they just keep on coming, no matter what I do to them!

I heard Wally loved the rain over the weekend. He is now nice and soft from playing in it.

10:20 PM  
Blogger v said...

As always, lovely photos. Sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun on your trip to New York.

Congrats on your Angels, though sorry your Chargers are off to a tough start.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I like the rose the best. Although the sweater is looking good too.

8:04 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Do the girls get nervous when they see you packing?

5:17 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane, the weather has been nice here, so I am hoping it holds out for your trip. And the color is just beginning to pop, so early October should be a great time to visit.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home