Sunday, September 09, 2007


It's been awhile since my brother and I have had Sunday dinner together, so I am cooking up Italian Pot Roast in the slow cooker. I saw this prepared on a PBS cooking show, and have been dying to give it a try . . .
I'm also cooking up a Carmelized Onion, Spinach and Canadian Bacon Quiche from Cooking Light. From here I will likely spend most of the day watching football, knitting and doing some work. I should put in a full day of work to make next week less hectic, but that isn't likely to happen . . .
While I'm typing this I'm listening to Sherlock Holmes stories playing on my iPod docking station . . . they have the feel of old time radio programs. I've always been a big fan of Conan Doyle's detective - I love all the tv shows, have read all the stories, and now enjoy listening to the audio versions. Heck, I have even driven by 221B Baker Street in London.
The weather has cooled down this week, and I'm enjoying that change very much. I hope all of you are enjoying your Sunday as well.

12 Comments:

Blogger Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
said...

That dinner sounds so good! Now I am going to have to find the recipe and try it myself.

I like the old radio shows too. Do you remember Amos & Andy? LOL

11:20 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

VP - I'll let you know how it turns out, but the recipe is here

http://www.pbs.org/everydayfood/recipes/Italian_Pot_Roast.html

I like the mystery radio shows best!

11:34 AM  
Blogger sage said...

that looks good Diane!

1:59 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

That looks really good!!! I'll have to make it sometime.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm happy to report it is very easy, and very tasty!

6:42 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Diane - That dinner looks really yummy. It's beautiful now... I love this weather!

8:17 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

You may be the first person to use "football" and "knitting" in the same sentence.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Your day sounded blissful. My Sunday was drug free and therefore crappy. Plus my mom is trying her best to bring me to the brink of insanity.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Aw, man. I spent my Sunday nursing a hangover. I'm totally inviting myself over for dinner next time.

8:41 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Thanks for the recipe link. I am going to try this one!!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your Italian Pot Roast looks absolutely de-lish and I'm starving!

2:07 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh how I miss home cooked meals. Looks fantastic, Diane!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home