Tuesday, September 11, 2007


NFL, Week One:


I made it to the next round in both my winner's and loser's pools. Overall I was 11 - 5 with my picks. Ok, some of my picks were lame, but who knew the Eagles would lose to the Packers? And KC losing to the Texans? Anywhoo . . .
Good news from the NFL - Kevin Everett, the Bills tight end who broke his neck in the opening game Sunday, is regaining movement in his arms and legs.

Work has been crazy, so I'm thrilled to be home tonight with no briefcase sitting near my couch. I think I'll take a hot bath and read some more of The Queen's Fool. Phillipa Gregory writes historical fiction that is pretty entertaining. In Fool, Hannah Green and her father, both Jewish, have fled persecution in Spain where Hannah's mother was burned at the stake. Hannah has the gift of "Sight", and is brought to Court by Robert Dudley to spy on Queen Mary. . . . . intrigue to follow!

I got my foul weather gear (rain jacket and pants) by mail order from Cabelas that I bought in anticipation of rainy weather in the Berkshires. . . . Vacation is just around the corner!

The new season of the Biggest Loser starts tonight. The transformation these folks undergo is truly amazing and inspiring. . . .

Are you looking forward to any of the new fall shows? I'd say that Chuck - the show about a computer nerd spy, and Journeyman, about a time traveller, look promising. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to new episodes of the Office, 30 Rock, Dexter and L&O Criminal Intent.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Looking forward to L&O:SVU, 30 Rock (just got hooked thank you Diane), Bros & Hos, and Grey's Anatomy.

Curb Your Euthunsiasm just started back up this week! I just caught it tonight and I was crying, and for once in the past month or two they were tears due to extreme laughter. My favorite comedy show hands down.

12:35 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I'm not looking forward to fall TV, just to cool enough weather to put a fire in the hearth and read by it. Like you, I'm crazy at work and won't get my break till Thanksgiving

4:19 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I'm looking forward to the Office and How I Met Your Mother.

Vacation sounds like fun! I go home next month and can't wait!!

It definitely is a sigh of relief for the Bills player, what an awful thing to happen!

4:38 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Journeyman does look good. I'm a sucker for time stories. I can tell you Reaper is hilarious. Looking forward to the return of Dexter, Heroes, The Office, and Jeff Goldblum in Raines which I really enjoyed last season.

10:24 AM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I can't wait to find out what happens with Jim and Pam on the office.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

It was just a bit chilly this morning. Fall is in the air. Can't wait!

10:39 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

And better news. We had a very dry and warm August here, which doesn't usually bode well for the fall color.

But fortunately the recent rain has really helped all the vegetation catch up.

10:50 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I can't wait for The Office. Possibly even more than Jim and Pam's date and eventual hook-up, I'm excited for the potential comedy stemming from Ryan being Michael's new boss.

Like Ryan, I'm also looking forward to Bros & Hos.

And of couurse, Boston Legal.

One thing that has me bummed is that my new favorite show, Mad Men, only has four episodes left. It's renewal status is still unknown.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home