Tuesday, September 18, 2007




With the coming of fall, we've had a fair amount of fog lately, and every evening, the fog horn has been sounding . . . I can hear it now as I write this.

Today I had meetings up in Century City, and left in time to stop at my favorite taco joint in LA - Tito's Tacos in Culver City.

Two tacos - with cheese. Beef is all they serve, and it's really good quality meat. Crispy chips and tasty salsa, add a large soda, and you have the perfect meal for under $5. Tito's is one of those places that brings people from all walks of life together, and everybody gets along. I think there must be some understanding among the local gangsters that Tito's is a war-free zone. As folks order their food and then wait for it to be served, everyone is unfailingly polite to each other as they make sure who's waiting and who's ordered, so that no one is cut off in line. I'm sure there is some life lesson to be learned from this to make our communities friendlier, but other than serving tacos all day, I'm not sure what it is.

I watched more network tv tonight than ususal. Let me say that "Kid Nation", a show I will never watch, has already been done - it was called "Lord of the Flies".

10 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I love those kind of joints--and the sound of the foghorn is mystical, what a nice sound to have in the background

8:12 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I loooovveee the foghorn. And therefore, I've grown to love fog.

It's funny... watching the Emmy's red carpet everyone was complaining about the heat, but I thought it was pretty cool at the beach that day.

God bless autumn!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Thank you! I told my husband the same thing about Kid Nation when we heard the story on Morning Edition! haha

6:49 AM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

I think the message is we all have to eat.

And fog at the beach is hot. (You know what I mean.)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I love fog. It reminds me of San Francisco, my favorite place.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the previews for Kid Nation, too!!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I don't think that I've ever heard a fog horn before...

7:32 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, a foghorn, huh!?!

That's something we don't have here!

Not. That. We. Don't. Have. Fog.

{grin}

8:32 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

A foghorn? That's cool. It would be even more awesome if it sounded out "Camptown Races" in tribute to Foghorn Leghorn.

When is your NYC trip?

11:00 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

They used to order Tito's and have it brought to the set often when I worked at DEK. I've always felt sorry for the little taco joint NEXT to Tito's. There's always a line in front of Tito's and the other place is pretty empty.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home