Saturday, October 06, 2007






The big news for Nanners and Noodles this week was the delivery of a box of goodies ordered from 1800petmeds.com. This is Hanna trying to figure out the puzzle feeder. You add dry dog food, and she rolls the cube around trying to get the food out. The good news is that she likes it alot, and gets very excited by it. The bad news is that it is noisy on the hard floors, and when it rolls behind a chair, I have to quickly recover it before she destroys the house trying to get at it.


Yesterday was my every 6 weeks trip to the hairdresser's, where I took the opportunity to catch up on my People and US Magazine reading. Both the new Bruce Springsteen and Annie Lennox albums got good reviews, so I downloaded them both from iTunes. Here's one of the Boss's new songs - Radio Nowhere.

I'm a big fan of Bruce, and I really love some of his more somber work from the last couple of decades. (Of his earlier work, The River is my favorite album). Tunnel of Love is a brilliant album, as is his post-9/11 album, The Rising. Alot of artists jumped on the 9/11 bandwagon (See Paul McCartney's "Freedom" and any shit kicking song by a country and western performer), but for my money, no artist captured the angst better than Springsteen.

In the early '80s, we'd go see Bruce every night of his 4 and 5 night stints at the Sports Arena. Being sneaky little minxes, we'd always end up at the stage by the end of the show, and what do I most remember? Bruce safety pins his zipper at the top, so it won't slip down during the show. I've never quite accepted his marriage to his back-up singer, but I do love the Boss.


7 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

Ditto on Bruce's marriage.

Cool ball for Hannah! I bet Wally would like one.

11:12 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I read Jim Cullen's "Born in the USA" bio of Springsteen years ago and don't remember anything about a safety pin and his zipper. :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger v said...

I'm a Springsteen fan as well though I haven't really heard anything post The Rising. I, too, really like this song, Radio Nowhere. Thanks for posting it.

And so glad to hear Nanners and Noodles are enjoying their goodies.

3:24 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Hannah looks cute playing with the puzzle feeder.

Did you guys hear that rumor about a year or two ago that Bruce's marriage was in the crapper because he had taken up with a 9/11 widow?

4:38 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Tunnel of Love is great. I think it's based on his first marriage.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I have a friend who worships the Boss. She lights a candle and prays to his poster every night. I wish I could work up that much feeling towards a musician. I'm starting to get there with Wilco, but not quite yet.

Hannah looks so cute.

12:36 PM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I love Bruce too!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home