Monday, November 26, 2007





I had a delightfully boring 4 days off from work.


Thanksgiving at Casa Diane was pretty low key. I did the cooking and mom brought 3 pies - 2 pumpkin and one peach - because they were only $2.95 each at Stater Bros. When I found out this was her plan for dessert, I got up extra early and baked a yummy carrot cake. Besides the fact that she made my brother's childhood friend cry by grilling him about his recent break up with a long term girlfriend, she was generally on prettty good behavior.

After eating too much on Thanksgiving, I have now stocked my fridge and pantry with tons of healthy (and mostly organic) food. I am hoping the high fiber Trader Joe's Cheerios will help soak up the excess butter in my veins.

The dogs and I went for long walks every day, which allowed me time for quite a lot of listening to books on tape. I finished Ulysses (and I do believe that audible is the way to go with this classic [and long] novel), and I am about half way through Slay Ride by Chris Grabenstein. I love, love, love Grabenstein's John Ceepak series (Tilt-A-Whirl, Whack-A-Mole and Mad Mouse) and Slay Ride, while not quite as lighthearted, is still very good.

I also watched Ocean's Thirteen. Ok, so it's not Academy Award material, and much of it makes no sense, but it is still quite entertaining.

Today, I am back at work earning the money to pay for my new television . . .

Happy Monday, all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Happy Monday to you too.

I'm impressed that you got through Ulysses. I don't know if I would even have the patience to listen to it.

4:31 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Happy post-thanksgiving. That TV is sexy.

My mother and your mother can never meet. They would use their passive aggression to destroy the world!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The pies all sound yummy!

Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

7:32 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I'll watch anything with Clooney in it, I don't care how bad it is. You can always turn the sound down.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Never thought of listening to Ulysses--doesn't seem quite so intimidating that way. Thanks!

7:35 AM  
Blogger sage said...

yes, carrot cake! For me, the break has been good, if I could only be off and away a little longer.

7:28 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Thank you, Ocean's 13 is very entertaining. What are people expecting?

And speaking of expecting, I came here looking for some Dancing with the Stars dish? I wanted the scoop on the racer and the vixen.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home