Friday, November 30, 2007



My toes are currently not as happy as these toes . . . and I blame it on our fame obsessed culture.

So, 10 days ago, I was walking the dogs in the morning past the home of Ms. Sandra Bullock and Mr. Jesse James, when a car and driver pulled up (yes, every car that pulls up to a house has a driver, but I mean a Driver, you know, like a chaffeur guy), and the garage door started to open up. Of course, I am way too cool to actually just stand there and stare, so we proceeded down the road, with me being much more willing to let the dogs linger and sniff at every pee-soaked blade of grass. As we got a bit farther down the block, I had no choice but to keep looking over my shoulder, which lead to me stubbing my big toe - badly - on a raised section of the sidewalk. Well, sure, but I couldn't be expected to notice that, right? Except that the County has already painted the raised edge flourescent orange . . .

Anyways, 10 days later it is still KILLING me. . . . and I have no one to blame but myself and my nosiness.

6 Comments:

Blogger kookla@work said...

You do realize what happened to the last lady that lingered outside of Jesse and Sandra's home? You're lucky they didn't tackle and shackle you. You came out of it alot better than that last stalker.

3:26 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Well, did you see them? As for your toe, at what point do you have it checked? If it get's splinted, you'll have to post a pic! :)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Oh lord, this is such a great story Diane!
Yes the marathon is on Sunday, and yes I am READY TO RUN!

7:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

OMG, Kookla, I had forgotten about that!

Diane - You can always say you hurt your toe while stage-diving.

9:26 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Diane, are you sure you didn't break your toe? My mom did that once when she stubbed it hard on something.

9:58 AM  
Blogger v said...

Yeah, maybe you need to get that toe checked out. A bum toe can even make walking difficult. If it doesn't seem to be getting any better soon, I strongly suggest calling the doctor.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home