Sunday, November 18, 2007




Pansies are one of my very favorite flowers.

Random facts about my weekend . . .

I had my hair cut and colored. I almost feel like I should hideaway after a hair appointment, but because it looks good, not bad. The problem is, that everyone is so exuberantly enthusiastic about how good my hair looks (for a change), and I don't know how to tell them that it won't look good again until another 6 weeks pass, and I go back to the salon. Perhaps I should spend more time styling it on a daily basis . . . ha! like that is going to happen.

I screwed up my lace knitting shawl for the class that both LA and I are taking. I can't decide whether to just start over, or wait until Tuesday to see if the teacher can help me fix it. The mistake was a dumb one, and I am very irritated with myself. . . . sigh . . . I think I'll work on Noodles' dog sweater instead. I've finished the body, and just need to add the "sleeves" and trim.

Thanksgiving is at my house again. I did my shopping, and I should be good to go for Thursday . . .

For some odd reason, I am jonesing to make a Carrot Cake today . . .

The Chargers are stinking up the field in Jacksonville . . .

Watchinc QVC yesterday, I got some ideas for pearl necklaces and matching earrings to make as gifts for Xmas, and today I bought the sterling silver components and pearls to make them from an online supply site . . .

Last night I watched Prime Suspect, The Final Act, the BBC series starring Helen Mirren, and it was seriously depressing, but so well done . . .

I'm back to watching DVDs on my laptop. The DVD player my brother got me for my birthday doesn't work, and I don't have the heart to tell him . . .

Alright, I'm off to take advantage of the rest of the day . . . it's kind of gloomy here in So Cal, but I think it would behoove me (and the dogs) to get out and get some exercise!

6 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

I'll take a carrot cake over pumpkin pie any day (and that's not to say anything bad about pumpkin pie!)

5:11 PM  
Blogger LA said...

That shawl is definitely advanced. I'm moving v-e-r-y slowly on it because it's so easy to make a mistake.

Are you making the carrot cake for Thanksgiving?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

You should post a pic of that fabulous hair, baby!

Now you got me craving carrot cake.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Maryannwrites said...

Diane, I love pansies, too, and loved your pictures. I did not get my pansies planted this year. Been way to busy and forgot to start my seeds six weeks ago. I may still go to the nursery and get a few plants so I can have my "people" flowers.
As to the carrot cake. There is a time and place for carrot cake, but Thanksgiving begs for pumpkin pie. :-)

1:29 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Har! I just cut my hair today, and I am getting pretty good at it. I've been doing it for about a year.

The first time I tried it, I had the wrong sized adapter on the end, and ended up with a buzz cut!!

7:34 PM  
Blogger v said...

Yeah, I'll take a slice of that carrot cake.

Sorry about the Chargers, they got LT, but that's about it unfortunately.

PRIME SUSPECT is usually quite good; I definitely agree the final series/season was stellar.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home