Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I'm exhausted . . .

I didn't work today, and after spending the last two days eating and drinking all kinds of good things, I wanted to get some exercise. The girls and I walked 3 miles this morning, then I came home, ate breakfast, and rode my bike down to the Bolsa Chica wetlands to go hiking and birdwatching. With the recent rains, everything was so green and pretty, and I saw a few cool birds and things.
A flock of Canada Geese . . .

A Ground Squirrel . . .

Buffleheads . . .

White Pelicans . . .

A Brown Pelican . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Ooooh! Pelicans! We don't have those out here in Colorado....

6:04 PM  
Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

P.S. Don't they always make you think of that limerick?

What a wonderful bird is the pelican.
His beak can hold more than his belly can.
He can hold in his beak
Food enough for a week,
But I'll be damned if I know how the hell he can.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

princess - thanks for the limerick!!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Nice catch on all the critters.

I know what you mean about eating and drinking nonstop. I've got one more day of it, then I'm collapsing.

9:12 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Nice photos! I wish I lived somewhere near something like that. Then again, the foothills are right outside my door.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home