Friday, December 21, 2007



It's time to review my stated resolutions for 2007, which were posted 355 days ago:






  1. Floss every day - this lasted about a week

  2. Create and live within a reasonable budget - I did manage to make nice contributions to my retirement accounts

  3. Run a 5k and a 10k - I "ran" 2 5ks at a pitiful pace

  4. Improve my Spanish - I told the sandwich guy thanks in Spanish today

  5. Travel somewhere new (I hope to go on a walking tour of the Berkshires in the fall) - Accomplished!

  6. Start work on a novel - nope!

  7. Visit NYC (I may be able to combine 6 and 7 by attending a Mystery Writing workshop in NYC) - Accomplished!

  8. Clean out and organize my closets - I made a couple of trips to the Salvation Army and will endeavor to make another trip before the end of the year

  9. Paint/decorate my bedroom (this one is already moving forward - my brother is helping me paint my bedroom - the winning color was "Green Tea") - Sort of accomplished! I do have painted walls, new window treatments, some new photographs on the wall, and it is slightly better organized.

  10. Organize my record keeping - Ummm, I did just bring home some file folders

  11. Use up (at least some of) my yarn stash (before I started the Parrot on Acid/Deadhead sweater, I did start a sweater from my "stash") - some progress made

  12. Learn to play a musical instrument (my friend Mike is going to re-string my guitar) - nope!

  13. Apply to grad school to get a Masters Degree in Library Science (I have a not so secret wish to become a librarian) - I went back and reviewed my application, but got sidetracked trying to figure out if they really want academic references from someone who last attended grad school in 1987?

  14. Knit for charity - sort of, kind of - when I finished the baby blanket that I was going to give to Binky Patrol, I gave it to a friend who had just had a baby. She works with a lot of animal rescue groups, and she played matchmaker for Hanna and me, as well as with my mom's little dog

  15. Lose (and keep off) 10 lbs., and exercise regularly (I'm starting Nutrisystem tomorrow) - I lost about 7 lbs., and have gained most of that back . . . besides walking, I have not been exercising regularly

  16. Plant my side yard with native vegetation and get it certified as a Backyard Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation - nope, but here's the dealio. I have lots of sparrows living there in overgrown lantanas and an aloe vera plant. I kind of hate to disrupt their happy little world


Other things on the list were:



  • Work on my obsessive compulsive need to make lists - nope! see last Saturday's post
  • Read the Bible (I have a "One Year Bible" that breaks up the Old and New Testaments, Psalms and Proverbs into 365 daily readings - I bought this as a to do for 1999 - you know, just in case the world really was going to end at Y2K I figured it wouldn't hurt to get a leg up, and have yet to get past February . . .) - nope!
  • Read/listen to 75 books - I made my goal of 72 books last year - actually read/listened to 75 books - and hope to do this again - accomplished! I just started book number 108!
  • Do yoga - does 2 classes in January count?
  • Expand my business sources and relationships (I did make some headway on this in December . . .) - not enough!
  • Organize my photographs - nope!
  • Learn more about how to best invest my savings - nope!
  • Learn sign language - nope!
  • Become more knowledgeable on environmental issues - maybe a little . . .
  • Volunteer my time - nope!
  • Teach Nanners to not get dishes out of the sink and off the counter - not even close!


Looks like I can just re-cycle this list for 2008

6 Comments:

Blogger NY KAT said...

Great list! I've already started working on my 2008 list...it should be an interesting year!

4:59 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Diane, can't we get Christmas out of the way before we worry about 2008 resolutions? :)

BTW, when you teach your dogs to do the dishes, I want to send Trisket out for training--forget about becoming a librarian, open a dog obedient school!

7:29 AM  
Blogger EditThis said...

That photo of Hanna is so cute! She and Wally would make quite a handsome couple if they were ever to meet!

Your list motivates me to make a list for the new year, too. I wonder if I'll ever get around to it.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to getting the recycled list done in 2008.

1:44 PM  
Blogger LA said...

The fact you made a list and got something accomplished is to be applauded. You got a lot more done than I did!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

During the wholesale pandora beads World War II, Art Deco jewellery was pandora silver beads a very popular style among women. The females started pandora glass beads wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap pandora beads such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora beads long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora beads sale rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora earrings silver of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora earrings sale today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora sets triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One cheap pandora sets example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco new pandora bangles ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home