Friday, December 28, 2007



(Last night's sunset . . .)

I went into the office yesterday, but it was slightly less lively than the morgue. Everybody is out for the holidays, so I left early, and just worked from home today. It's been great having a few days off, and being in town. I've been working - a small project at a time - on getting de-cluttered and better organized.

The dogs and I have been going on long walks, I've been listening to my iPod alot, and really enjoying the time off. I almost made it to the movies today to see Sweeney Todd, but it turns out it started at 11:10 am, and not 11:40 am . . .

I downloaded Raising Sand, the new album by Robert Plant and bluegrass star, Allison Krauss tonight. If I didn't know it was the Led Zep front man on the understated vocals, I would never have guessed it, but the album is great on first listen.

6 Comments:

Blogger LA said...

I downloaded the same thing, but I confess, I haven't listened yet.

That's a beautiful photo.

Glad you're enjoying your time off. My mother just left yesterday, so I've had two days to myself.

I can recommend Charlie Wilson's War. Very interesting subject matter, especially having seen it just a couple days before Bhutto's assassination. Phillip Seymour Hoffman, as usual, was fantastic.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

la - I think you'll like the album. I tend to listen to music on my iPod on shuffle, so as I played the snippets of the album I judged the songs by whether I'd like them when they came up in rotation, and across the board, the answer was yes. One thing though, this is really different from what I'm used to w/ Plant - not at all like Zep, or even the Honeydrippers

I read the book, and I enjoyed it alot, but I'm not sure I can take 2 hours of Julia Roberts . . .

11:06 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Julia Roberts either. Her role isn't really that big in terms of screen time, but I totally understand skipping a film because she's in it.

I watched Ocean's 13 last night and just told my sister it was my favorite Ocean's film simply because there was no Julia.

11:26 AM  
Blogger NY KAT said...

I haven't been to a movie in way too long...maybe I'll go tomorrow.

8:13 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

That is a great photo, and I appreciate you posting it!! It's very warm.

("Tis the season for kicking back.)

Or so they say.

9:58 PM  
Blogger sage said...

although I'm on vacation using up dates that I would lose, I will say that when I work the week after Chirstmas, I've enjoyed it as I get a lot done with few interruptions.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home