Sunday, January 20, 2008



The Charger game didn't start until Noon, so this morning I watched Matt Damon in the Bourne Ultimatum. I'm a big fan of Bond films and the like, and I thought this film was a helluva lotta fun. The movie is very well done, and Damon is great as Bourne.

I had big plans for all the things I was going to accomplish today (around the Game, of course), but my recovery from my cold seems to have regressed, so I'm being pretty lazy, knitting and surfing the net. Yes, the Charger game has started, but it is making me so nervous that I have to find something to keep me busy . . . (Chargers are up 3-0, but the evil empire is moving the ball down the field . . .)

Hanna has surgery scheduled for Thursday; she has a couple of lumps that don't feel completely like the benign lumps old Labradors get, (she'll be 8 next month) so we're going to play it safe and have them removed. I'm actually more worried about Noodles - when I load Hanna into the car, but leave Samantha at home, I'll be able to hear her cries all the way down the street. My neighbors have offered to let her hang out with them . . .

If anyone needs me, I'll be pacing around the house . . .

Chargers lose . . . bummer

12 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

sorry about the game--I was rooting for SD, now it's Green Bay for me. Prayers for Hanna.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Chargers should hold their heads high, they are a great team!

btw, the only *evil empire* I know starts with a 'b' and ends with an 'h' with the US right in the middle.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

GB for me too, Sage - and thanks for the prayers for my baby . . .

Karen - they had a good season after a rough start . . .

p.s. Brady has been Bush's guest at one of Bush's State of the Union addresses . . . I'm just saying

4:21 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I don't think I've ever watched that movie...I'll have to check it out.

I hope everything goes good with the surgery!

Sorry about the Chargers, I was pulling for them...

5:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh yeah, Diane, I think I remember Brady being there.

I was totally disappointed when Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers star pitcher, had a friend of his get him a visit with bush! ugh!

On the other hand, one of my fav Detroit Pistons players, Rasheed Wallace, hates Bush and lets it be known. 'course, anyone that knows 'sheed, knows he speaks his mind.

I would have been absolutely thrilled if the Lions had made it as far as the Chargers or even gotten into the playoffs. But, it will never happen in my lifetime.

*sigh*

Look for the Chargers to be in the mix for years to come; they have what it takes.

Hope all goes well for sweet Hanna. Sending warm fuzzies your way.

xoxo

8:06 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Get well Hanna! I hope they're just regular Labrador lumps - Wally has several.

9:09 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

That's great you have neighbors that will watch Samantha while Hanna is at the vet.

I would like to add The Chargers looked great this season, and I am glad they kicked the Colts home.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Diane~ Went Googling for stuff on Brady because I wanted to lambast him on my website today. What I found is interesting... Brady had been Laura Bush's guest at the 2004 State of the Union address.

But California election records show the New England Patriots quarterback has pledged allegiance to neither major party, registering as "undecided" when he joined the voter rolls in July 2000 and apparently hasn't voted since then.

♥Hugs for Hanna♥

12:50 PM  
Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Poor Hanna. Im sure she'll get spoiled when she gets home post-surgery.

Matt Damon rocks my world since the Bourne movies. Oh god, he's 100% pure asskicking sex.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I must say BU was a really great movie. I still think that Julia Stiles' character was Jason's girlfriend before her became Jason Bourne. What do you think Diane?

8:35 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Aww, poor Hanna! I hope the lumbs are nothing more than benign lipomas. Keep me posted, and give both girls a hug for me.

9:48 PM  
Blogger LA said...

p.s. Sorry about the Bolts.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home