Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm having a bad week . . .

Where to start?

Let's see, now both my dogs have diarrhea (but seem to feel ok) and I can't determine what is causing it . . .

My mother had minor surgery this week (which turned out fine), and but lead to me missing two days of work and spending 13 hours at the hospital . . .

My left sinus/glands are so swollen that they are pressing on my left upper molars, making me want to pull out my wisdom tooth with a pliers (alternatively, the tooth/teeth are impacted) . . .

But then I remember the 37 year old woman in the hospital bed next to my mom's who had the best attitude in the world even though she'd just found out that they had ran out of options to treat her congenital kidney condition, and she had 6 months to 5 years to live.

So overall, I think I should count my blessings.

UPDATE: The girls are pooing better . . . (too much information?)

7 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

Thank you for this. :) I'm having "one of those weeks," and my blessings greatly outweigh the bad stuff. Hope you, your mom and the puppies feel better soon.

1:46 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Glad to hear your mom's surgery was a success. I hope you and the girls are feeling better soon.

That's so sad about your mom's hospital roommate. I have a cousin who has the same disease Walter Peyton had (primary sclerosing cholangitis). Peyton died because the PSC caused him to get either bile duct or liver cancer (I've forgotten which one). So far, my cousin is cancer free, but he's in liver failure and needs a transplant ASAP if he's going to survive. He's my age and has 5 kids. It's crazy.

Moral of the story... remember to make the best of each day.

Hope your weekend is an improvement!

10:02 PM  
Blogger sage said...

sorry to hear about all your problems--hope things are getting better...

7:35 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

hope your week is looking up...

12:43 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Sorry to hear about your week. Glad to hear the dogs are better.

7:20 PM  
Blogger norm said...

Norm thinks you need a glass of wine and a foot massage.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

You really had quite the week!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home