Saturday, February 09, 2008

I had to meet a client at my office at 10 am, so this morning I tried to get a few chores done early, one of which was loading up the slow cooker with the makings for Red Beans and Rice .

A few of the reviews of the recipe mentioned it being a bit bland - the ultimate sin in my book - so I used a spicy Louisiana smoked sausage, and added in red chile flakes and Louisiana hot sauce. It came out pretty darn good and is super easy to make. Accompanied with some yummy corn muffins (note to Sage and Maggie - I used Jiffy mix!), and dinner was a hit.

The weather was lovely here in So Cal today, and hopefully will stick around through tomorrow. If it does, I foresee a bike ride and hike through the wetlands in my future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

That looks really good!

The weather here is snow! I'm already missing the Arkansas weather!

8:09 AM  
Blogger sage said...

That looks great! As for the Jiffy mix, at least you're supporting a Michigan company and we need all the help we can get.

As for the weather--it's right at zero and the winds are howling at 20-30 mph... So go and enjoy your bike ride and don't feel one bit of guilt or empathy... :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home