Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's likely to be in the 70's here in Orange County today, so I started out the day hiking through the Bolsa Chica Wetlands. The recent rains have brought lots of vegetation to the the mesa area, and this bunny is taking advantage of plentiful greens . . .

Few things make me happier than identifying a bird I haven't seen before - this is an American Widgeon . . .
A couple more photos . . .
Birds on a fence (with snow covered local mountains faintly visible in the background) . . .
A Great Egret . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I am extremely jealous of the weather there!!!!

1:28 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Jealous indeed!! But I am sincerely happy California got the much needed rain!! (For both the people and animals.)

8:53 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

It was also very lovely in Nor Cal. It hit 70 degrees today so I decided it was time to pull out the shorts and went for a nice walk on the American River with a friend. I forgot to bring my camera and there a lot of critters out and about. There were also many cute boys. Thank god for Spring!

10:14 PM  
Blogger LA said...

It's Thumper, right?

What a beautiful weekend we had. It was the first time I opened my windows in a couple of months! The fresh air felt great.

11:20 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Lovely photos--rub in the 70 degree weather, okay, it was -4 when I took the dog out this morning, at least the wind had died.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home