Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A light went on for me this week, and I now understand why most Americans despise Hillary Clinton.

Hills, can we talk? You will never, ever defeat John McCain for President of the United States, and every time you open your mouth, you remind me of why we need new blood in the White House. Next, you do not have decades of experience. You are a second term Senator; Obama is a first term Senator, but also served in the State Senate. He has more experience as an elected official than you do. You do not get experience credits because your husband was President. If women got experience from their husbands through osmosis, than Mrs. Favre could take over as quarterback of the Packers.

Third, please stop engaging in fearmongering. It is those tactics that keep me far, far away from the Republican party. I feel bad for you that what you assumed was your birthright - the Democratic party nomination - has slipped from your greedy little hands, but I hope you have enough sense to step aside, and work towards having a Democrat who can win as the nominee.

Finally, with your big wins in Ohio and Texas (whoops, except that you lost the Texas Caucas), you have failed to close the delegate gap with Obama by even a little. Stop talking about how the tide has turned. You were expected to win both states - by bigger margins than you did.

My fellow Democrats: why would we nominate a candidate who has ZERO chance of winning the election? Let's get this over with now, and focus on defeating McCain.

Obama '08!

10 Comments:

Blogger EditThis said...

I've been asking myself the same thing ever since her named showed up on the very first ballot.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Tiffany Norris said...

I really like what you said here...especially the part about her First Lady time not counting as experience.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I'll happily vote for whomever the dems finally put up there. Hil's and Barak's plans are basically the same either will be the others vice president.

Does anybody else think McCain resembles Popeye?

2:39 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

I will have to disagree with you on this one. Hillary has a lot more experience than Obama does. I would suggest reading her book, I was shocked by all of the things she has accomplished.

The main thing I want is Bush to be out of there!

3:31 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Yep, exactly. Hillary's main weakness is that she can't win in November. For me, that's all that matters. I'm supporting Obama.

Pru - I gotta disagree... I don't think Obama is going to ask her to be his running mate, nor do I think she would accept if he did.

5:11 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

"If women got experience from their husbands through osmosis, than Mrs. Favre could take over as quarterback of the Packers."

Har!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger sage said...

I've been trying to think how to respond... I'm not yet sold of Obama, and Hillary has always rubbed me wrong. She doesn't have Bill's charm, the way he could talk to almost anyone and not come off as aloof. She always seems aloof. (as a Southerner, she always comes across as a Yankee!) But then, when Obama (who comes across to me as being too preppy) made his excuses about losing on Tuesday--saying the media caved into the complaints they've been tougher on her than him, I had to shake my head because it seems he hasn't been pushed as much as she has.

Over all, I am so disappointed in our process for selecting candidates, which seems to go from bad to worse and without a way to address it. We need to figure out a method to pick candidates without such a long and confusing process...

The good news, regardless of who wins, is that we're in Bush's last year!

Your Favre analogy was priceless, although I'm not sure it was accurate as Clinton had more of a role to play in the White House than Ms. Farve did on the gridiron.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Thanks to everyone for their comments

sage - what do you think about re-doing the voting in Michigan?

8:03 AM  
Blogger sage said...

I don't like the idea of holding another primary--I didn't like the first one but it was done against the advice of both parties! I wish the Republicans had cut out all their delegates too instead of just 1/2 of them. I personally think the delegates from FL and MI should be seated but not given a right to vote for a candidate (at least in the first round). By being seated, they can stil work on the platform, etc.

12:19 PM  
Blogger buckyor said...

If women got experience from their husbands through osmosis, than Mrs. Favre could take over as quarterback of the Packers.

That is a great line. Do you mind if I- err- "borrow" that?

If you had asked me about two weeks ago, I'd have said that Hillary would have almost (but not quite) as much of a chance of beating McCain as Obama. Now, not so much. Her scorched earth approach in the primary is alienating one of the key Democratic constituencies, and a) she won't be able to get them back if she somehow wrests the nomination from the current leader, and b) cannot win a general election without them.

I won't possibly vote for John McCain in the general, but the chances of me voting for Hillary should she be the nominee are dwindling by the day. Is Colbert still in the race?

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home