Saturday, March 01, 2008



OHMIGOD! My new Panasonic 42 inch HDTV might be the greatest thing ever! It was actually really easy to set up - connect the HD Cable Box to the cable, connect the Box to the TV with an HDMI cable (the Time Warner lady gave my the head's up to pick one up at Target), and call to activate the box! And in fairness, having complained about Time Warner, I also have to say that the gal on the phone activating my box was very helpful.

My brother, who is having a very bad day, helped me set it up. He woke up this morning to find that his Nissan Truck had been vandalized - they stole his catalytic converter and stereo, and vandalized the ignition. Even worse for him, they stole his work tools. Even worse for Noodles, as he was carrying an old tv downstairs, he accidentally nudged Samantha, who went flying off the staircase to the ground. She doesn't seem to be hurt, but has had her feelings hurt very, very badly . . . . Lots of treats, and a trip to the dog cookie store seem to be helping.

The girls and I are now hanging out watching Perfect Stranger - a movie starring Halle Berry and Bruce Willis - that I've never wanted to watch - just because it is broadcast in High Definition. Good times!

7 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

You sound like a kid on Christmas! Enjoy! And my your brother's day get better.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

HDTV is the BEST!

Dog cookie store?

7:09 PM  
Blogger LA said...

I just heard about this... catalytic converters are being stolen like crazy. Apparently, there's some precious metal in them. Poor guy!

But poor Samantha! :(

Glad you're enjoying the TV. I'll call you for a consult when I make the move to HD.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

sage - it is fun having a new toy!

kat - yep, the dog bakery nearby - the same place where I got the dog birthday cake!

la - who knew? I guess they have platinum in them, and are a hot item for thieves.

I know, poor Sammy. She didn't cry, just had a crushed look on her face.

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That catalytic converter theft ring is really aggravating! My friend told me about hers getting nabbed last week.

Enjoy your HDTV and Time-Warner. You are a good salesperson for both!

(It's me, I can't log in sometimes...)

1:12 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

Make sure to check out hockey in HD. It's freaking amazing!

Did they also steal your brother's flux capacitor? If not, he can go back in time and fix things.

Did he have a Toyota? There's something about the catalytic converter in them that thieves are targeting. It happened to two of my friends.

4:14 PM  
Blogger THN said...

I'm coming over to watch the game. I'll bring the High Life.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home