Sunday, March 30, 2008

One sock done . . .

Sunday night is my one night for must-see tv. Dexter, the Wire, and now, the return of the Tudors, the stylized history of Tudor England, with unbelievably attractive people in a day where lice, boils and bad teeth were de rigeur. In Season two's opener, Henry VIII continues his quest to divorce the saintly, but barren, Katherine of Aragon, in favor of that hussy, Anne Boleyn.

Baseball season opens tomorrow, and the Angels will at least look like a better team than last season on my HDTV.

Tuesday (April Fool's Day!) is jury duty for your's truly. Since I missed my designated report date, I have to show up and not just call in on Tuesday. Hopefully, this will be a good opportunity to catch up on some reading. I have twice been on juries - one criminal and one civil case - and while it is a valuable experience, I'm hoping to let someone else enjoy that opportunity.

Oh, and I joined the local gym yesterday, so no excuses!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Diane - What a nice color of green for your pair of socks!

Thank God for the Tudors! Henry Cavill who plays Charles Brandon is seriously one of the hottest guys on the planet. I wonder if he has been in any other television shows or motion pictures. I am not familiar with his body of work, but I would certainly like to become more familiar... if you know what I mean... and i think ya do.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

ryan - could not agree more! There was a guy on last season too - he looked to me like Chris Martin (and his character died) and I thought he too was pretty dreamy

9:16 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

Great news on the gym membership. I am trying to get myself motivated enough to use my free weights on a regular basis.

(Mixed results thus far.)

9:23 PM  
Blogger sage said...

will the other sock be green?

Good job on the gym (but the weather is so nice there all the time?) I try to make the gym at least 4x a week and when my week is really hectic I often try to go every day--it's a great stress reliever

as for TV tonight, it was only basketball--I was hoping Davidson would beat Kansas and they'd be two NC teams in the final four, but I can't have everything (a good game, though)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

flix - keep at it! you can inspire me!

sage - I was planning on making the other sock green too, but too boring? :-)

It is nice here and I went for a nice walk yesterday.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Good for you for joining the gym! I've been too lazy lately and need to get my butt in gear with working out!

8:39 AM  
Blogger sage said...

If you were a Michigan state fan, you could make the other sock white... or maybe make it red for Christmas... happy knitting!

9:12 AM  
Blogger LA said...

Ah, the dreaded second sock, the bane of all knitters' existance.

Sage - My cousin has a SPARTAN tattooed on his ankle.

5:53 PM  
Blogger kookla@work said...

Must.Not.Read.Spoiler! I have two episodes taped because watching one at a time is too painful for me.

Awesome socks. You will have the most fashionably attired ankles in town!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home