Tuesday, April 22, 2008


Here is a blurry photo of me snorkelling off the coast of Lanai a few years ago. (Insert Jaws theme music here).

This is how my week is shaping up. Yesterday was one big firedrill at work, but the rest of the week, may be, (fingers crossed), a bit more calm. In fact, I intend to take Friday off, (I worked both Saturday and Sunday last weekend), and golf.
I finally set up my new HP Notebook with Windows Vista. I feel like James Bond when I use the fingerprint identifier, rather than a password.
So far, I have lost 2 lbs. on my "Get Fit for Maui - 2008" campaign . . .
Monday is my birthday, and I will be really, really old . . .
If you've never seen BBC America's Wire in the Blood - check it out! The main character is a police psychologist profiler, and Sunday's episode was pretty creepy.
Former president Bill Clinton was embroiled Tuesday in a new campaign flap after accusing his wife's White House rival Barack Obama of playing "the race card on me." - So, my question is . . . when did Bill get so bat-shit crazy? He was more normal in the 90's, right? And he's done good works as a former president . . . is he worried Hillary will be spending too much time at home of she loses?
Here's hoping the good people of Pennsylvania can see clear to doing what is right for America in 2008 - GO OBAMA!!!!

Addendum - I'm adding Pennsylvania to the list of states I can do without. Now maybe Ohio and Florida won't feel lonely.




7 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

Happy early bday!

I've been wanting to go golfing ever since I went last wknd.

2:55 PM  
Blogger THN said...

Shape up for summer ... I'm with you. I thought I was going to pass out at 24 Hour Fitness today. That wouldn't have been pretty.

4:52 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Oh, that's right, birthday time! The water looks lovely.

Pennsylvania is a pretty good state, give 'em a break. After having lived my whole life in the South, I moved there in my late 20s for grad school. After about a week, I was saying, "And you think we (Southerners) are rednecks." Maybe I should write more posts about PA--it's where I really started drinking beer (it was cheap, 48--7 ounce Rolling Rock bottles for 9 bucks). Down South, it'd always been some form of whiskey...

Thanks for the recommendation of Crazy Horse. I need to download some more books, so it'll go on the list.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case I forget on Monday, happy birthday!

About the working out thing, I'm still waiting for my back to be near 100% to do anything strenuous but I'll get there soon.

9:16 PM  
Blogger GetFlix said...

"Monday is my birthday, and I will be really, really old . . ."

Bullshit.

9:31 PM  
Blogger LA said...

Flix, it's true. Monday IS her birthday!

11:55 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

I'm so disappointed Obama lost Pennsylvania.

Happy Birthday on Monday! (I will definitely forget). I doubt you're THAT old!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home