Sunday, April 13, 2008

Man, it was hot in Southern California yesterday. Hopefully, it will be cooler this morning, because I am heading out to the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve to see the hills full of wildflowers.






But in the mean time, I remain enamored with the flowers around my house . . .






I love the vivid colors of the ranunculus . . .






Even the impatiens and petunias are doing fine (though the plant stand needs a coat of paint) . . .






My neighborhood was invaded by thousands of ladybugs yesterday . . .






The birds are out in force . . .






And the heat gives the dogs the "groggies" . . .






5 Comments:

Blogger Auburn Kat said...

It was a nice day here yesterday but its turned cold once again!

8:18 AM  
Blogger LA said...

It's HOT! Damn, it must have broken 100 in the Antelope Valley today.

My cats are in the exact same position as your dogs... sprawled.

12:32 PM  
Blogger EditThis said...

It is HOT here today! Wally was groggy, too, but mostly from being lazy. He has his first hot spot of the season. Hello, summer!

Man, I wish I had a green thumb like you. Mine is black.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

kat - is that in NYC?

la - luckily for me and surprisingly, I think it was hotter in LA today than out at the preserve.

edit - I'm not sure I actually have a green thumb, but 13 years of trial and error occasionally pay off

Coolest thing - at dusk tonight I had a hummingbird on my deck checking out the petunias and ranunculus

9:04 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

hmmm, lady bugs are OK, but I hate those Japanese beetles!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home